Alameda Cam fell to winter sleep ...

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
knyfe
Resident
Resident
Alameda Cam fell to winter sleep ...

Post by knyfe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:13 pm

Oh, i just realized that Jeff obviousley left for the winter. He put the Alameda Cam to winter sleep as well. CAn someone still convince him to keep the Cam alive?

Andi, can you please put up a cam at your house, so I dont miss the good winter storms ?

CU, K

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:59 pm

Not likely he'd let it stay active as he'd have to leave the computer on and the cam/computer does crash regularly and require rebooting, resetting, etc (Windows, don't 'cha know?). Even if left on, it might not remain online for too long...

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:46 pm

What was the direction of storm winds? I don't remember well but was it ENE? I remember LMG posted something about ikitesurf doesnt read accurate storm wind direction for Alameda?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:38 pm

The best storm winds are from the South which means that the wind is almost dead on shore at Alameda.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:59 am

ya yoko thats right it reads wrong.
and any wind comeing from the ene,e,se,ese,s sw,wsw,w,wnw,
should be investagted! it was kiteable yesterday in the am
it also reads low

and guest, just sail away ,upwind to have a nice day!
charlie

Andy of KWS

Cam

Post by Andy of KWS » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:05 pm

I have the cam and tried hooking it up, but need to get some information (ip address and such) in order to get the cam rolling. So... I am working on it and hope to get it going soon..

Any networking geniuses out there know how to setup a webcam? (Jeff and emily are in Mexico and I don't expect to hear from them for a week or so)

I know that the camera has it's own IP address and I need to set it up to communicate with my lan hub....

Also, for what it is worth, I am using Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing right now..

I have an alamedawireless.org signal coming into my house through a 802.11g pci card, which goes out of my normal ethernet port into my wireless router. I plugged in the camera to my wireless router... the camera indicates that there is a network connection, but the web page is not updated... hmmmm..

Anyhow, I am working on it

Andy

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:11 pm

What type of camera is it?

It may be configured to get an address via DHCP. Your router might keep a log of DHCP leases... if not, it shouldn't be to hard to find (assuming DHCP) since it will only have 255 addresses to choose from?

If it is static you're best bet would be to look at default configuration from documentation..

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:26 pm

The camera is an axis 2120.... I will see if I can find a log on my router...

I know the camera has its own ip