big surf

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
goofy hat dude

Post by goofy hat dude » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:59 pm

Thanks to Fox for the props for Sunday's good times. Wasn't even sure I was qualified for the day's conditions, but ended up loving every minute of it. Nice and quiet in the line up as well as it seemed most of the heavy hitters chose to ride to the south. Many moments of pure bliss intermixed with stark terror. Now it's time for the pow to start stacking up.
-JM Tahoe, CA
PS- I need a left. :|

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:42 pm

goofy hat dude wrote:Thanks to Fox for the props for Sunday's good times. Wasn't even sure I was qualified for the day's conditions, but ended up loving every minute of it. Nice and quiet in the line up as well as it seemed most of the heavy hitters chose to ride to the south. Many moments of pure bliss intermixed with stark terror. Now it's time for the pow to start stacking up.
-JM Tahoe, CA
PS- I need a left. :|
Good faith for driving from Tahoe...the nice thing about the SC area is only the faithful get it good.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

keepin' it quite

Post by keepin' it quite » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:27 pm

Hello Jono,

If you go back and re-read my post, I never mentioned the name of the place where I was riding....it was your comment that identified the location.

I was not advertising anything, just sharing the stoke.

Z.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:38 pm

Stoke is definetely something that deserves to be shared. Others have posted about living vicariously through others during lean times of reduced kiting sessions, so if you're getting it, bring it on. I've been adjusting from getting up to 5-6 days a week on the Bay to one a week lately, if I'm lucky, so I can relate. Worrying about crowds in the ocean is not needed - not everyone has the time or desire to make the road trip down anyway, I doubt it would reach critical mass.

I feel you though, no one likes it when one of their favorite spots is the only place with wind, people can come out of the woodwork, run their lines all over the place, show no respect and so on. The best kiting is when there's good wind evenly distributed to some degree amongst all of our lovely launches we have!

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:08 am

I always wondered where the waves were so good. Thanks Jono!
Go bigga'

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:38 am

oh well, egg on my face... jono

Break-Patrol

Post by Break-Patrol » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:58 pm

That`s pretty funny to see an out-of-towner protecting a break from other out-of-towners
How did you find out about this place in the first place?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:33 pm

Break-Patrol wrote:That`s pretty funny to see an out-of-towner protecting a break from other out-of-towners
How did you find out about this place in the first place?
Oh, you know, someone posted about it on the Internet....