WW Rapture 2 - Bay Area demo on Sun (Oct 30)

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:03 pm

windhorny wrote:Ollie, have you flown the xbow yet? I assume yes. If not you are welcome to try mine if I can try yours.

Yuri
Yuri,

To date I have not flown the Xbow. Your welcome to try the Rap2 anytime. Hopefully we'll all be able to gather soon for some storm action at Alameda. That would be fun.

Ollie

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm

Pablito wrote:It seems to me like any of the WW kites with reverse relaunch would make good snow kites, except for the fact that they are so beefy. If you're going to do much hiking to get to your snowkite spot, they're an awful lot heavier than a foil.
Not to mention that you have to carry a pump, pump the kite in the cold, and if you hit the ground hard you can puncture the tube :)

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:27 am

I've been following the Windwing Rapture2 threads and was wondering if there will be a 16.5 Rapture2 available for demo in the bay area or east bay?

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:10 am

the 16.5 Rap2 went to Mexico with the WW rep. He said he'd be in La Ventana for the next month. Though they probably won't get much use out of THAT kite down there -- just the smaller sizes.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:11 am

Anonymous wrote:I've been following the Windwing Rapture2 threads and was wondering if there will be a 16.5 Rapture2 available for demo in the bay area or east bay?
We don't have one at the moment. I will have to look into it and find out if it's on the horizon.

Thanks for your interest.

Ollie

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Pablito wrote:the 16.5 Rap2 went to Mexico with the WW rep. He said he'd be in La Ventana for the next month. Though they probably won't get much use out of THAT kite down there -- just the smaller sizes.
meh, I'm so over big kites. I can sell you my 2005 17m Rage2. If you HAVE to use a 17 I think it's almost not worth going (well, don't hold me to that :) ). Besides, have you seen the range on the 12m vs the 16.5m, they are almost identical especially considering that the 12 is inevitably much faster in the air.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:18 pm

I didn't fly the 12, so I can't compare, but it's hard to imagine it turns that much faster than the 16.5. Or that you would want it to.

Still I agree with you, whether a 17 turns fast or not, if you have to make your own wind to stay on plane, I'm starting to feel like "why bother".

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:58 pm

I don't really have a frame of reference either since I only flew the 12 on the beach. However, if Rages are any indication of accurate size comparison then the 17 flight seems, ahem, constipated in the least compared to the 12.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:38 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:
The Outrages, very powerful kites that will send you sky-high and way upwind and the Rage II's, very stable and smooth kites great for freestyle, waves, and even beginners, have really good pricing at the moment.
I wasn't aware of this earlier, but it appears you can get free kites as well in any of the 2005 Rap1's, Outrages and Rage II's:

http://www.windwing.com/Page/193