WW Rapture 2 - Bay Area demo on Sun (Oct 30)

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:56 pm

No Cabo. Ventana. I'll be at Joe's, the Windwing Demo Campsite will be at the campground. It will be hard to miss -- we're taking the huge box-truck and have a portable garage tent that we will be setting up. Tons of Windsurfing equipment for demo, freestyle clinics and contests, etc, but they could only squeeze out 4 Rap 2s for me to take on the trip (one each size), so slightly more limited rides on those, depending on the wind. I will NOT have any for sale down there, btw, but there will be a bunch of good deals on windsurf gear for anyone thinking of making an extended stay of it.

We (Rob, Wyatt and I) should get there the first week in November, I'm taking off around Dec. 10 or so, they are staying through the new year. The kites are going with me from Baja to Michigan for some hard-water riding, given the reverse relaunch I saw yesterday with the 16, these could be the best snow kites ever made. Certainly the best 4-line snow kites anyway.

We'll be riding the frozen lakes through Montana in January, should be back in the Hood by Feb.

Fun fun fun, no?

w

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:01 pm

i think your gonna love that kite kies
fast, light bar perssuer,now yesterday we had wills old bar on it
and i dont think we got her dead nuts for low end.
when it was my turn, i grabed the 16.5m rapture2 frist, nice kite buy the way,low end i feel is 10mph for any kite.
that said,.... it comes down to fly n skills...and make n power.
the rapture2s do that very well,better then the first gen.
how well you do ...?with that kite (16.5m rapture2) it will go in light wind.
i wish i could have had some more wind cous,....i think that is were thay will shine!last year,...herr i meen this year i felt the 12m rapture was my one kite quiver ,...now i think the 16.5m rapture2 is my 1 kite quiver.

The 12mr2 is a sneekie little devil,on the beach i could boost higher with the `12mbuy mistake, but i stayed up longer with the 16.5m(little pops)
look at the pics, no white caps and the wind lifts, right next to the land there.
It is a tool to use to carve a slice of air with ,something to drive!
Good job bill,i was look n at pics of my water sports histery, back to 1981.
and like every pic iam on a windwing sail .7ft in the air,i rember feel n like
i had to come up on my skill to "fly the wing ",not just hang on,i feel that again...? with the wind wings kites.there is a lot to play with there,

Hey kies can i fly it ..?
nice kites.
Last edited by charlie on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
charlie

wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:16 pm

Anybody feel like linking this thread to kiteforum? For some unknown technical reason that Toby cannot solve, I cannot post on that board. Thanks to anybody who can take the time.

ps -- Ollie, I have shots. Tell me where to email them so you can post on BAK if you like. PM me or email will@windwing.com (yikes, did I just do that?).

w

kies

Post by kies » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:14 pm

thanks Charlie.
Sounds about what i was figuring.

yeah. you can fly it any time i am out there.
Although the salomon's are getting dusted off for some pow pow.

I may try snow kiting this year....anyone else on that?
seems the bow kites will flourish in that

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:28 pm

I don't have much light wind experience (I kite at Sherman) so I don't really know, but if it is about what Charlie says (making your own wind) then the R2 16 would be the perfect kite, because the thing is so damn easy to turn. Effortless, really. However, it still seemed to me that my OR 17 had more pull in the light stuff. I flew them back to back without interruption.

Since I don't plan on getting much better at light wind (no point, really), I'll probably just keep my OR and demo the 12 R2 next spring when there's more wind.

It seems to me like any of the WW kites with reverse relaunch would make good snow kites, except for the fact that they are so beefy. If you're going to do much hiking to get to your snowkite spot, they're an awful lot heavier than a foil.

enrico666

rap2 bar pressure?

Post by enrico666 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:53 am

i was fly n the 16.5m with one hand
and turning it
Charlie,
you mean you can hold the 16.5 with one hand, in the middle of the bar, and make it turn up and down by moving your wrist? (That's really light, at present only the sonic does that - that I know of)

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:28 am

yes, Charlie's right. You can sine it with one hand easily.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:36 am

Not that I was going to buy one. But what ever happened to the Best Hellfish that used that Cuban Fibre? Was it a marketing flop?

I think they promoted something that was still too far in the developmental stages

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:50 am

The Hellfish is really dead. I assume, they are working on a bow version of it right now and will be very carefully about the product release. If they will make a second Smellfish they are out of business. I was wondering how they survived the Hellfish flop anyway?!?

I'll check the R2 when she shows up at the beach one day ... K

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:11 pm

windhorny wrote:Not that I was going to buy one. But what ever happened to the Best Hellfish that used that Cuban Fibre? Was it a marketing flop?

I think they promoted something that was still too far in the developmental stages
????? :shock:

Why are you posting it on this thread?? This is a Rap2 thread. Start another thread if you want to know about the HF.
Dewey