Sonic Demo Saturday @ 3rd (upper launch)

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Sonic Demo Saturday @ 3rd (upper launch)

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 pm

I'll be at 3rd Ave. tomorrow(upper launch), Saturday October 8th with the Sonic 11m and 2006 Litewave boards.

Come try out what you've heard so much about. It's a cool kite.

A few facts:
One 11m for demo
11s arrive October 25th ish
14s arrive November 15ish
8s TBA

You can email me at info@litewavedesigns.com if you have questions

Thanks and I hope to meet all the 3rd Ave crew.

-Litewave Dave

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 pm

do you have a time when you will show up. I assume that my family is not really willing to go to 3rd, so a good timing will be helpful.

CU, K

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:28 pm

The GK Sonic as well as the rest of the Globerider and Litewave Design products will be again available to the Bay Area riders from Live2KITE this season.

Please let us know if you have any product questions.
The Live2KITE Team

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:15 pm

Dave was nice enough to let me demo the sonic at 3rd on Saturday. I went out at around 6pm in some pretty gusty conditions avg24 (20-32).
First thing I noticed was that the back line pressure was almost non-existant. This took a little getting use to, but after 5-10 minutes it felt natural. The kite went upwind great and handled the gusts no problem. I tried jumping a few times and did alright (i'm not a great jumper even on my own kites). The thing I really noticed in jumping was the hang time. You had the feeling of just staying up there and waiting to come down.

A great safety aspect of the kite was that you could just let the bar go and the kite would fall to one side of the window and sit on its edge. Grab the bar and steer it back up. I did this on land in these gusty conditions and it worked great.

I look forward to also trying the xbow and 06 WW to compare.

If you are in the market for a new kite I would certainly give the sonic a spin.

I currenty ride WW rage II's and raptures.