RRD Type 7 and new '06's

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
RRD Fan
RRD Type 7 and new '06's

Post by RRD Fan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:42 am

I saw a brief review on kiteforum, but has anyone in the Bay Area seen the new Type 7 or any other 2006 RRD's yet? Release dates for retailers?

I love my Type 6's - outstanding "all terrain" kite. The Type 7's appear to be even more versatile. My Type 6's are getting pretty worn and, yes, I actually do have some money burning a hole in my pocket!

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:24 pm

I think WhiteCap has given them a go.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: RRD Type 7 and new '06's

Post by OliverG » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:57 pm

RRD Fan wrote:I saw a brief review on kiteforum, but has anyone in the Bay Area seen the new Type 7 or any other 2006 RRD's yet? Release dates for retailers?

I love my Type 6's - outstanding "all terrain" kite. The Type 7's appear to be even more versatile. My Type 6's are getting pretty worn and, yes, I actually do have some money burning a hole in my pocket!
No sightings by me yet, but I believe Evan at www.live2kite.com was going to be be the first in the Bay with any for purchase, naturally.

I wouldn't mind trying a Type 7 or Type Wave II. My Outrages are sick for max brute power, upwindability and massive height and hangtime, but the Type Wave combined with an Underground FLX 132 has been a very nice addition to my quiver and has given me the confidence to take my freestyle kiting to another level, and I like it!

Ollie

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:43 pm

I posted some stuff in the review section in kiteforum....Had a few days on the type 7....like it a lot...John Gomes has been out and thinks the same....in a hurry now, since I might split to crissy....

bob

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:31 pm

The 2006 RRD Type 7s are already in stock and Bob, John G and others have been already riding them the past 2 weeks.
I have always been a RRD Type ZH and Wave this year but the Type 7 was a great kite the first time I tried it. I can't wait to get some more on the kite. Some of the characteristics are higher / loftier jumping, smoothest power, no zippers, continuous leading edge which makes it extremely efficient, 5th line with an incredible (but pricy) bar sustem!!!

When the new wave2 bar will be fully available the Type 7 will make for an incredible freestyle/wakestyle (unhooked, kiteloops style) with the Type 7 bar, as well as a wave killer with the wave 2 bar for complete depower while riding the ocean.

John Gomes after trying the kite at Crissy the first time came back with a huge grin in the face screaming - "man they got it right - they got it right!"

Live2KITEis the only California store that carries the 2006 RRD products today including Type 7 kites and bars and 2006 Four X boards!

=D>

Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884
www.live2kite.com
info@live2kite.com
[RRD, Caution, Underground, Cabal Skimboards, UltraNectar, Liquid Force, Globerider, Litewave Design, Ozone, Flysurfer, Flexifoil, Airush, NSI, Protec, Capix, SR, Aquapac, Okespor, Gul, Magic Marine, Q-Lines, Rainbow, Seaspecs, Aquashade, Opticnerve, Bump'n'Jump]

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Folks,
We have a 2006 Type HiR 13m (the Type ZH replacement) in the Bay area for demoing, as well as a couple 2006 Type 7 12m.
The Crissy and Stinson crew have been already on these kites and were super stoked with the Freestyle performance of the Type 7 and the hang time of the HiR.
In addition, there was a huge demo day for retailers during the Sardenia PKRA event a few days back and the Type 7 was voted by the participants as the best Freestyle kite for 2006 (so far).
The HiR received the same votes as the Vegas on the top place for all-around / higher AR kite.
If you want to try out any of these 2006 RRD kites, as well as the 2006 Four X RRD boards please let me know.

Happy wave season,
Evan - Live2KITE
info@live2kite.com

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:03 pm

I will jump in and say that I had a very wonderful day on the SC coast last Monday. Typical big coastal blow...6 and 8 cautions on the beach. Rigged the type 7 7 meter with the old wave bar, and that kite was really a blast. I have been enjoying my 12 on flat water and waves, but that 7 is a perfect kite for the south coast. I am pretty much convinced to pick up a 9 to replace the type wave 10....These are very nice kites, that can be rigged for flat water or waves..

bob

wave farmer

Monday on coast

Post by wave farmer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:24 am

"...a very wonderful day on the SC coast last Monday. Typical big coastal blow...6 and 8 cautions on the beach...."

Hello bob, what about the 7m Vegas kite zipping around the peak?? ';-)

Z.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:21 pm

OK, my man....you were getting the goods...But I thought you were on your 10, as Kafka came in on his 10, and you were out earlier as well. Good call, as the 7 felt like the right size. What were you on Saturday? The waddell graph looked pretty sick...

bob

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:05 am

So I checked out the Type 7 15m today at Gauzos which was getting solid 15-16m winds and head+ high waves from 4:30pm onwards (stayed till 6ish).
I used the large Type 7 bar on a brand new 15m kite. I was so stoked I couldn't come back. The kite works really fast with the bar, depowers tons, pushes upwind, parks and waits, pivots fast in the window for down the line turns....I had a blast.
Next test will be with the Wave System 2 bar when they arrive in a few days.

Evan