Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:58 pm

:|
Last edited by Fester on Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:44 pm

Not that I want to get flamed again, but it still amazes me that he doesn't take issue with the semi-permanent storage of "wind sport equipment", ahem, on the beach.

I mean, let's get real, how many county parks would tolerate people using the park as their personal U-store-it place.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:28 am

Let me guess. Another SS team-rider jeopardizing our access rights. Am I the only one who gets pissed-off about this pattern?

Eventually it will just be assumed that kiteboarders are a bunch of hooligans who don't respect the rules or the other park users. Call me a worry-wart, but I think we need to self-police some of this stuff before it's too late.

I ask you all, "Is my concern not warranted?"
Go bigga'

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:49 pm

fearlu wrote:Let me guess. Another SS team-rider jeopardizing our access rights. Am I the only one who gets pissed-off about this pattern?

Eventually it will just be assumed that kiteboarders are a bunch of hooligans who don't respect the rules or the other park users. Call me a worry-wart, but I think we need to self-police some of this stuff before it's too late.

I ask you all, "Is my concern not warranted?"
Dave,

I think it is more of another Jeffrey Over dramatization!

I took Jeffreys post with a grain of salt since it seems that he is into the whole soap opra thing and enjoys starting drama that doesn't exist. I just got off the phone with Doyle and asked him what happened. It's all on video...the ranger was not pissed. They were trying to find Martins Marina and made a wrong turn on the dirt road. He had turned around and was on his way back to the right road when the ranger pulled him over. The ranger was in now way upset and just wanted to make sure that Mark new he was on the wrong road.

They were not 4x4n. They were looking for a place to shoot down by the marina.

Jeffrey what's with the soap operas? It's your posts that are bringing the negative attention to the island not the behavior of Doyle. Ask anyone who has been around for the last month that Doyle has been there and they will tell you that he has been quite professional. The kid has grown up well and understands what it means to be a pro. Anyways, Doyle leaves tonight so if you're out at Sherman, give him a good send off!

Jeffrey, maybe quit trying so hard to create drama and just ride.

There are some people that seem to get satisfaction from being the "person in the know" who delivers this type of information. It's like tabloid newspapers. Lame :-({|=
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:56 pm

There seems to be some reticence to tell pro kiters (and local hotshots, too, maybe) that they need to follow the same rules as everyone else.

In this case, it might be appropriate to let Slingshot know that they won't be selling too many kites around here if they get kiting banned at Sherman. Or that, in general, members of this site don't consider behavior like Doyle's in a positive way when they make their next kite purchase.

It would help if there were more people at Sherman still riding SS, I guess :wink:

HEY MARKETING GUYS AT SLINGSHOT! YOU LISTENING?

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:29 pm

Dear Gabe, your comments about me are hurtfull, I post it as I see it.
Last edited by Fester on Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Sorry Jeffrey
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:19 pm

](*,) =D>