Wind Thursday afternoon at SI??

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School
Wind Thursday afternoon at SI??

Post by dewey » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:47 pm

Could this be true?? I need confermation before I get excited.

Initial round of marine surge to be backed up by a slightly more determined push on THUR AM. All bets lean on Delta / East Bay.

Little wave of cooling was felt today across the region as marine air began its infiltration. SAT imagery shows a tongue of low level fog now passing Maverick's and stealthily creeping up the coast. Expecting this development to flourish overnight and really fill in across the South and Central Bay by THUR AM. Conventional wisdow dictates that these early fall marine surges tend to fall a bit short so won't go crazy w/ the numbers for Delta winds.

ï Sherman Island: Central Valley hit upper 90s WED PM. Any cooling to the west should trigger at least early 20-25kt pace for Delta but whether it can hold on all day is the big question. With trend FRI seeing more onshore flow, we'll fill in the PM period w/ mid 20s however.

ï Central Bay: Noticeable increase in AM fog w/ push past Angel Island likely. Slow clearing w/ best upper teen PM winds presenting 2nd half of bay.

ï Peninsula: Remains off the mark w/ late AND shifty upper teens out in the channel. Tough to reach w/ unreliable nearshore winds.

ï East Bay: Should see fog burn-back to the turn w/ a pretty decent round of Isabel / Berkeley / Larkspur breezes during the PM.

ï Coast: Pretty well socked in most of the day w/ northerly gradients still tight across offshore waters
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:59 pm

dawn patrol
then late afternoon depends on fog and c.v.t.l.
charlie

Wildting
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Wildting » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:20 pm

R u Jones'n my brutha?

Maybe I'll see you there? Lil Sunrise sesh.

Eric :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:35 pm

I'm all over the sunset sesh tomorrow. Too bad sunset is at, like, 7:30 now. :(

Please, please,please let the north wind not come back tomorrow. North wind here=no wind in the Delta.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:09 pm

so.....?
you all got some right ?

and a... my wind had left in it today ...(more south)
charlie

Pablito
Resident
Resident

Post by Pablito » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:46 pm

I hope Dewey got out in the morning, cuz he wasn't anywhere to be seen this afternoon. When I got to SI at 4, there were only about 6 kites out, and that was the most that were out all afternoon. 12M and then 10M until sunset... I guess everyone was cranking away at work so they could get a long weekend.

I blew out my 10M leading edge trying to do spins in the lake. Swam in then bushwacked through the tules for 2 hours. :(

Can't get my kite fixed until Bruce gets back from Burning Man. Hope it either nukes all weekend or blows a little lighter...

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:48 am

I won't be out until Tuesday. Doing the family thing. I planned to ditch the wife and let her prep everything, but I felt like a bit of a heal bailing on her. Session missed....payoff priceless. There are some things a session can't buy.
Dewey

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:47 am

dewey wrote:I won't be out until Tuesday. Doing the family thing. I planned to ditch the wife and let her prep everything, but I felt like a bit of a heal bailing on her. Session missed....payoff priceless. There are some things a session can't buy.
Dewey, I here ya...been pulling a bit of Overtime in that department myself...
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:56 am

ahh....common you guys...bring the wife to the beach and get her on a kite! Join the club with Curt, Zeev, myself and others....Gabe - you can get your daughter out soon on a trainer! ;^)

Soon as the kids are out of school, we are headed up for the weekend. Gabe - you coming up? (type 7s coming next week!!)

Bob

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:59 am

whitecap wrote:ahh....common you guys...bring the wife to the beach and get her on a kite! Join the club with Curt, Zeev, myself and others....Gabe - you can get your daughter out soon on a trainer! ;^)

Soon as the kids are out of school, we are headed up for the weekend. Gabe - you coming up? (type 7s coming next week!!)

Bob
Going to Micah's wedding in Tahoe tonight and then hagin with the fam on Sat. May try to make it out on Sunday, however, got a taste of the coast in the fall on Monday and I can say that my craving for flat water right now is diminishing. Maybe I'll see ya on Sunday.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...