2006 Windwing Rapture

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
2006 Windwing Rapture

Post by feixaq » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:13 pm

I'm guessing a fair number of you have seen this already, but for those of you who haven't...

shmed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shmed » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:36 pm

Cool pics. Any reviews from anyone? When's it available?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:05 am

We may get one down here soon after the design's been finalized.

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:23 am

Olli,

let us know when we can get a ride on it. Looks much more wrinkle free than the X-bows.

K

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:13 am

It's interesting how this design is taking shape through every manufacturer in some form or another yet the guy who designed it for Takoon has not released theirs at all. I forget his name but from what I heard/read Cabrinha liscensed the design and made an agreement to be the first ones out with the design and Takoon was supposed to be able to release their Nova a month later. ???

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:36 am

I'd love to demo the kites. I'm thinking of keeping my Outrages next year and also get another quiver of kites. Maybe WW maybe another brand. I'd love to try this new class of kites side by side.
Dewey

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:44 am

Hope WW paid for the license as other manufacturers have.

Straight from the www.inflatablekite.com website

Manufacturers who respect the rights of Industrial Property and the work of inventors begin by acquiring a license. But there are always (and in all domains) those that try to take advantage of the ingenuity of others, shamelessly copying licensed products, and justifying itself by the modification of some details here and there to confuse the issue.

Naturally, this situation is not healthy, either for the holder of the patents who incurred the costs of Industrial Protection, nor to the legitimate licensees who pay him royalties according to the legislation.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:08 am

But there are always (and in all domains) those that try to take advantage of the ingenuity of others, shamelessly copying licensed products, and justifying itself by the modification of some details here and there to confuse the issue.
That's why I use a Macintosh. :roll: :P

exsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by exsailor » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:17 am

Actually, WW has been designing this type of kite for some time now, and could probably show prior art. Their 2005 Rapture kite was the first modern incarnation of the "wing" kites, and they have been proponents of the design before any of the other manufacturers got on board.

Check out http://windwing.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=399&PN=3 for some of the early prototypes.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:49 am

i wanna fly one.

.......hell ill just keep rideing my 2005 rapture......
charlie