SF Bay Classic Kite Distance Race

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School
SF Bay Classic Kite Distance Race

Post by OliverG » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:34 am

"Please join us for the SF Bay Classic this Saturday August 13th
This is the first time the SF Bay Classic will include kiters as part of
the regatta.
Please feel free to come down to the St. Francis Yacht Club and watch
the racing.
The notice of race(NOR) is attached."
[hr]

SAN FRANCISCO BAY CLASSIC
St Francis Yacht Club
August 13-14

NOTICE OF RACE
1.0 RULES
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), except as any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions, and by the Sailing Instructions.
1.2 RRS 40.1 will be changed as follows: All competitors are required to wear full wet suits while racing.

2.0 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
2.1 The following classes are invited to participate Formula and Kites
2.2 Eligible boats may enter by completing the attached form and sending it to the St Francis Yacht Club race office by Aug 12th, 2005, to avoid late fee. Forms may also be found on the web site or picked up at St Francis.

3.0 FEES
3.0 Entry fee for Formula is $75, less $5 with proof of current USSA membership.
3.2 Entry fee the Kites is $50, less $5 with proof of current USSA membership.

4.0 SCHEDULE
4.1 Late Registration: Saturday, Aug 13th, 2005 from 930 hours to 1030 hours.
4.2 Racing will be held on Saturday, Aug 13th and Sunday, Aug 14th, 2005.
4.3 The Formula class will sail one distance race on Saturday, and three course races on Sunday.
4.4 The Kites will sail one distance race on Saturday.
4.5 The scheduled time of the Warning Signal for the first race each day is 1130 hours. A Sailorsí Meeting will be held at 1030 hours on Saturday, Aug 13th, 2005.
4.6 Everyone is welcome to attend a social on Saturday night and a trophy ceremony following the conclusion of racing on Sunday, both are free of charge.

5.0 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The Sailing Instructions will be available at the check-in before the Sailorsí Meeting, while an unofficial copy may be found on the St. FYC web site by Wednesday, Aug 10th, 2005.

6.0 RACING AREA
The intended course racing area will be set on the City Front utilizing inflatable marks. The intended area for the distance race will be from the City Front to the Berkeley Pier and back for the Formula Boards. The Kites will race to the Berkley pier. Competitors should plan on making their own transportation back to the St. Francis Yacht Club.

7.0 SCORING
7.1 The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A of the Racing Rules, will apply.
7.2 One race will constitute a series.
7.3 The Formula class will sail two distance races on Saturday, and three course races on Sunday. All course races will count towards a boats final course racing score.

8.0 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, decision to race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.

9.0 KITE SAFTEY
This race if for advanced kite racers only and as such we will require the following equipment to be carried by riders.
ï Cell phone and or VHF radio
ï A personal floatation device
ï A knife
Spot equipment checks after the race may take place, which could result in disqualification from the race.

10. FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information please contact the St Francis Yacht Club race office at 415.563.6363, email raceoffice@stfyc.com , or visit www.stfyc.com .

San Francisco Bay Classic
St. Francis Yacht Club
Aug 13th-14th, 2005

ENTRY FORM
(Please Print)
Class:__________________ _____________________________Sail #:____________________

Skipper:_______________________________Crew:___________________________________

Address:_______________________________Email:__________________________________

City:_____________________________ State:_______________ Zip Code:________________

Phone#(H) (_______)________________ (W)(________)_______________________________

Club Affiliation:___________________________________ USSA Member # ________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
T H I S R AC E I S F O R A D V A N C E D S A I L O R S O N L Y
IF THIS WILL BE YOUR FIRST SF BAY CLASSIC RACE
PLEASE COMPLETE THE SAILING RESUME ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THE ENTRY FORM
PLEASE INDICATE WHICH DIVISION YOU WISH TO BE SCORED IN:
Formula Racing: O
Kiting: O
__________________________________________________________________________________________

RELEASE
For and in consideration of the acceptance by the St. Francis Yacht Club of my entry in this regatta, I hereby accept all the risks and responsibilities of my yacht's participation in said regatta and waive to the fullest extent permitted by law any and all claims I may have against the St. Francis Yacht Club, its members, officers, directors, committees, agents and/or employees arising out of or in any way connected with such participation. I agree to abide by the Sailing Instructions of this regatta, the Rules of the US SAILING Association, the Racing Rules of Sailing and by the Rules of the Host Organization.
I understand that the publication of results and accounts of the competition, competitors and the yachts is a normal part of a regatta, as any sports competition, and authorize the St. Francis Yacht Club to engage in such publicity with such information as may be provided in the course of the regatta, with the exception of personal contact information.
I further expressly agree that the foregoing release and waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law and that if any portion, clause or subclause hereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full force and legal effect.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND SIGN IT OF MY FREE WILL.

Signed:_______________________________________________________Date:____________
(Owner/Charter) (Skipper)

Entry fee for Formula is $75, less $5 with proof of current USSA membership.
Entry fee the Kites is $50, less $5 with proof of current USSA membership.

I have enclosed Check # ________ in the amount of $_________ for the Entry Fee.

Please charge Entry Fee to my St. Francis YC Account #__________in the amount of $_______

Please return to: St. Francis YC - Race Office - On the Marina, San Francisco, CA 94123
tel. 415.563.6363 - fax. 415.563.8670- e-mail raceoffice@stfyc.com - www.stfyc.com