Is a two line a waste of money? What should I pick, 2 or 4?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ggb-
Is a two line a waste of money? What should I pick, 2 or 4?

Post by ggb- » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:05 pm

So I took a lesson a few years ago and started kitesurfing with my own gear but had to sell it pretty much right after I got it because of some other problems. Now I am trying to get back into the sport and am planning on picking up a twin tip 140 range and was planning on finding a large two line kite. Now it seems like four line kites are all anybody uses. I know that if I get a four line kite I will need to take a few lessons to learn how to use one and I will probably take a few more even if i get a two line just to brush up on everything. I am 19 and 170lbs, windsurf and surf if that matters. So what set up should I go with? I would prefer a two line because that is what I am used to but if the four line is that much better I will make the switch.

Thanks for your help!

ggb
Joey
Joey

Post by ggb » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:06 pm

Sorry wasn't logged in on that last post...

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Go 4 line and more lessons.
Dewey

love progress

which kite

Post by love progress » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:04 pm

No brainer - go with a 4 line kite. It give you more performance and more safety.....plenty of good deals to be had on solid used gear (go for a mid aspect kite).

A few more lessons is a great idea.

Good winds, Zeev.

ggb
Joey
Joey

Post by ggb » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:16 pm

Thanks guys, I think I was confused on how the four line works, i think it is much more simple than I though. I am gonna try to find some used stuff in the next few weeks and get a lesson in hopefully in the next week or so. Who should I go for for lessons?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:06 pm

A four-line kite is essential.
If you're local to Alameda, KiteWindSurf has a great instructional program. If you want to try the Delta, Nat at Edge Kiteboarding, or Donnie and Sandy at Kitopia offer lessons.

Check the lessons resources page:

https://www.bayareakiteboarding.com/forum-20.html

Good luck,
Ollie