windwing advertisements

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
wilzone
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wilzone » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:33 pm

feixaq wrote:
FYI, Will is no longer in the office.
Will Harper is no longer at Windwing? Wow, that's a huge bummer if you ask me. Will did a great job working with customers to keep us happy, in my opinion. He helped me and my friends out on several occasions when we had equipment malfunctions on recently-purchased gear, and we were back on the water in no time. Really sorry to see him go...

(Jury's still out on the recent kiteforum ads though :roll:)
Thanks for the kind words, I just got back from 6 weeks in remote Northern Michigan, with no internet (some dial-up email sometimes -- no web access. Phone lines are so old they will not support graphics).

It is correct that I am no longer with Windwing. We parted ways in June. I have nothing to do with the new ad campaign or the current "revamp" of the website. I believe the new material is the product of the company owner's very creative girlfriend. Like it or hate it, it certainly is different.

btw -- got some killer days in on the Rap 12 in Michigan, I still love the kites even though I don't work there anymore.

Lake Michigan has killer kiteboarding -- I'm headed back in the fall for a few weeks, then off to Maui at the end of September.

Thanks to BAK for all your support, and all the support you have given and continue to give to Windwing. Hopefully they will get it together and get the '06 Rap out this fall. I flew some of the very early prototypes and they are pretty cool.

Also -- tip on the '05 Rap 15 -- I cut the T-4 struts out of the kite completely and the kite has way more low end. Wingtips flare a lot more, doesn't bother me. Might not be for everyone, and it will certainly void your warranty, so think twice before getting out the seam ripper.

Peace,
w