Bad for everybody

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:20 pm

BoB sToP it!
Last edited by charlie on Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
charlie

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:53 pm

I agree that something is fishy and some change must come, AND IT WILL.
Dont get me wrong, I'm discusted too. I just dont want to see us cut off our own noses before we get to the starting line.
I think the real solution should come from Tom and Jeff coming to a reasonable comprimize.
If we have to go public, we will, but lets get our shit straight first!
L.M.G.

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:03 pm

cant we all just get along......?
Last edited by charlie on Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
charlie

windhorny
Old School
Old School

Post by windhorny » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:50 pm

I think we all need to stay out of THEIR business and just hope that this won't happen again. I think the lesson of calling the cops on your neighbors has been learned, I doubt it will happen again. It was an action taken based off of defensiveness, probably without thinking of the repercussions. I don't even think Tom knew about it nor was he very happy about it from the sound of his voice when we talked yesterday. I think most people like both Boardsports and Kitewindsurf equally as we are all ONE big (happy?) family that has to coexist one way or another.

On a brighter note, I have strategically placed chunks of bacon inbetween the rocks at the berkeley marina so when i call the city to tell them about a few bodies trapped under the rocks, the rescue dogs will sniff out the bacon and bark like crazy, signaling the rescue crew to remove all the rocks on our future beach. I figure with enough bacon I can get the city to pull enough rock to make a whole new kiter's beach!

Yuri

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:35 pm

On a brighter note, I have strategically placed chunks of bacon inbetween the rocks at the berkeley marina so when i call the city to tell them about a few bodies trapped under the rocks, the rescue dogs will sniff out the bacon and bark like crazy, signaling the rescue crew to remove all the rocks on our future beach. I figure with enough bacon I can get the city to pull enough rock to make a whole new kiter's beach!

Yuri
Yuri that's some funny shit.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:20 pm

dewey wrote:

Yuri
Yuri that's some funny shit.
Yes, but until that happens, we are still hyper-sensitive about proper safety and protocol at B-Town, so please don't be offended if you get approached and given a rundown on the procedures and dangers of the launch. O:)

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:38 pm

I think it's appreciative for whoever approach to us to let us know what the local rules are. I do respect local rules no matter where I travel. I find it talking to local kiters is the best resource prior to going out for kiting. We all cetainly do not lose our kiting spots locally or world-wide. I think that we all are very sensitive about keeping our kiting spots right now and it's good that we keep our awareness up, without talking politics.
BTW, at 3rd ave, there seems to be too many kitties. They are not even friendly and they come out in between rocks.

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:46 pm

Yuri,
Sometimes you are one smart SOB!
I just finished having dinner with Jeff, Bob, Syliva and my gal and I've concluded I'm going to stay out of this stuff COMPLEATLY fron now on!!
L.M.G.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:00 pm

Yuri,
Sometimes you are one smart SOB!
I just finished having dinner with Jeff, Bob, Syliva and my gal and I've concluded I'm going to stay out of this stuff COMPLEATLY fron now on!!
L.M.G.
And Emily
And it was good.

windhorny
Old School
Old School

new berkeley launch?

Post by windhorny » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:22 am

I guess this is for the b-town crew. Charlie, Ollie, anyone else that knows the situation there. I have launched twice from berkeley now, unsuccessfully I should mention, because i was on an 11 which would be perfect outsider but not enough ooomph to blast past the rocks. I frequently eat at the seabreeze cafe there and yesterday while eating my lunch, I walked down on the shore there just to see what was on the otherside of the parking lot. MORE ROCKS! Who would have guessed? Hence lots of bacon! Kidding. But seriously, If theoretically there was a ramp that went past the rocks into the water, this would seem like an excellent alternative launch point. It is further upwind, it is not completely shadowed by His Lordships, there is a plethora of parking, and no people, cars, freeways to hit in a bad land/launch. I admit the rocks surrounding are a bit dangerous but think anyone going out there to begin with is good enough to target a ramp coming out of the water. So the real question is, can Metalmorphic donate a galvanized ramp without asking city permission? Is it one of those situations that is better to just do it and shut up about it or is it better to bring the city into it and make them think we are trying to make a whole new beach there? I really think this is a nice little spot that is out of people's way. We would just need to do some rearranging of nature a little bit and/or a huge ramp that is fixed to the shore and floats in the water. I would be willing to fund this myself of course.

Yuri