Non-commercial instruction on the beach?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin
Non-commercial instruction on the beach?

Post by jjm » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:03 pm

Does anyone know the real deal here? Is it really against the law (or whatever) for non-commercial instruction on the beach? Where is the line drawn between helpful tips and hints, and instruction?

I'm sure everyone has "instructed" someone else at one point or another.

Lets try to keep the commercial aspects out of this thread, please...

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:19 pm

anyone have any problems other than jeff?

kitechick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitechick » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:09 am

I asked Jane yesterday that question explicitly. Her reply was bascially that this is all about liability. She said they are liable if an accident happens, also the Park is and I believe she named a few more.

Although it sounded fuzzy I understood (Jane- please kick in and correct if I cite you wrong) as if for liability reasons they can not allow people teaching other people kiting, windsurfing or any sports which they are teaching with their concession. Even if this is not commercial but personal and for free.

Only their instructors may teach in the Park, which includes the beach and it seems the water too.

So this is all what I know by asking "the source" . That throws up so many questions and there is a lot of grey area .

- Jane, Rebecca, Boardsports, you should be able to give clear information about the policy, please enlighten us.

If confirmed then I am just wondering about the daddy who is flying the"Elephant"-kite with his 4 year old. People teaching each other Kayaking. Me teaching my sister, my sister teaching me. Me helping a newbie to figure out how to rig. A pro kiter showing me a new trick.
And - is there a legal base and is it enforceable? :roll: