How Many Police Assets does it take?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:49 pm

i dont get it
jeff pushs the edge of the law .... and gets arested.. we all freack out and start a witch hunt. ...

if tom and jeff switch places then what?....
jeff has sole consestion contrak .
tom starts teach for money! right in front of jeff?....?
what would jeff do >?......
if it went on for years... then what ?...

tom, b.s. has been pay n the contrack for years, he has the right, jeff dos not .
what do you guys want ?
[highlight=red]stop it.[/highlight]
just let it play out, without your bullshit. up the man, down in your hole ,bal-bla bla

i just hope i can kite there some day .
charlie

Fester
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Fester » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:19 pm

and pick up your dog shit

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:23 pm

Okay if were still talking about it... then lets. Jeff pays for, the streets, the police, for every public service that Alameda has with the excessive taxes that business have to pay. What does Board Sports pay to Alameda?? They are paying 10% of lessons to who?? For what??
I work in liquor and the government has set up special rules so one person/company will take all. The 10% goes to a building on the beach, and a monopoly on all water sports in Alameda?? Who wrote this policy and is it legal? I don't think so. That's why there are no charges. Does Jeff have the right to walk across the beach to give a lesson? The whole situation is B.S.. Let Board Sports pay the 10%, they get a building on the beach for it. It's a public beach and the public should be able to use it.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:19 am

charlie wrote:what do you guys want ?
[highlight=red]stop it.[/highlight]
just let it play out, without your bullshit. up the man, down in your hole ,bal-bla bla

i just hope i can kite there some day .
C'mon now, people have the right to say what they want. It's clear you already have your mind made up and you changed it, by the way, as you were one of the first to protest....

A monopoly doesn't benefit kiters. Period. There's no way anyone can argue that. So new kiters may not have access to the better school because they're not lining EBRPD's pockets? All Tom wants is to make money. Does Tom really care about the kiting community, or our safety and access issues? Tell us what Tom's done for the kiting community, and then let's talk about what Jeff and Emily have done and continue to do.

Dewey is right, BS has their building, they want to own the whole beach and access across it to the water too?

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:04 am

to be clear, jeff is very adament about not teaching on the beach... and only teaches from the water. when he was arrested, he was on a jetski.

jeff respects the concession which includes teaching ON the beach, and the use of the shack.

"jeff pushs the edge of the law .... and gets arested"

from jeff's view he is respecting the concession and is abiding by the laws of the Bay waters... which he posted earlier in this thread... many others use thses waters for commercial purposes, but no one complains or is arrested.

i work closely with jeff and know that he is not trying to be sneaky or deceatful.. his intentions are clear, and would love to go to court to get this worked out legally.

some like to paint jeff as a snake, but there is nothing dishonorable about his intentions.

kitechick
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitechick » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:11 am

jeff pushs the edge of the law
hmm....that I am not so sure of. That is what still is to be determined in court.

Actually I received a very kind and nice letter from the Chief of the Police of East Bay Regional Parks. He explained from the Park's (and his view) the history which finally led to Jeff's arrest. There is much more in this letter - a very interesting section however was were he referred to ordinance 38. (Ord. 38-700.2) and bringing it in context with Jeff violating the ordinance.

So I read a bit through ordinance 38. Here is the link

http://www.ebparks.org/district/ord_38/ord_38TOC.htm

Really interesting reading.

Reading around 700.2 also is an eye opener in many other regards too, recommendable for everyone who goes to the beach at all. For business or pleasure.

And I have to confirm what Anyandmarlys says - Jeff is adamant about to not instruct on the beach or Parkland. And far enough in the Bay to stay away from that zone (which the zone really is is also to be determined still).

May the days get windy!

- Sylvia

stokemeister

limited thinking

Post by stokemeister » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:19 am

isn't it true that there is nearly always a long wait at alameda when people try to book a lesson? isn't it also true that jeff inventively devised a way to not only NOT teach on the beach, but also get his students to places on the bay with more wind (alameda is ify), larger birth for flailing (greater distance for newbies to experiment before encountering hard surfaces), and conduct his lessons where there is no safety issue for the general beach-going public? on top of all this, there is certainly enough clientele for two schools to be teaching at the best-suited learning spot in the bay area. i hear a lot of whining like i did when best innovatively came on the kite scene with decent prices, effecient distribution methods, and fewer hands in the pie. bs isn't even able to handle the demand for lessons here in the bay. as far as the da, dont' get me started...i sure am glad they're pursuing important issues like this rather than all of the minor things they could be after like violent crime,

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:59 am

700.2 Commercial. No person, group of persons, nor any business or commercial entity shall solicit, sell, hawk or otherwise peddle or rent any goods, wares, merchandise, liquids or edibles for human consumption or services, or give any lessons, classes or instruction whether for profit or otherwise, except those concessionaires or groups so authorized by the Board of Directors or the General Manger by a concessionaire permit.

Sylvia we better start a collection for your bail before your sister gets into town.
Dewey

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:04 pm

so...
i dont work with jeff or for jeff
i dont work with b.s. or for b.s. .....
i kite, iwindsurf, and i play in the bay.
most of the bad vib here s from the k.w.s. corner!
what is the point?
at frist i was upset that jeff was arested. then i felt,if he wanted to test the edge..... hes a big boy (cops and all ) i feel that the gray area is better left to the courts.
what i dont get is why we slammed b.s and rebacca?
do you guys know how much kite crap jane and rebacca have to put up with?(they teach windsurfing!) do you guys rember them helping each and every one of us at some point? we dont even leve them a lane to get there stuff out of the shack!
now thay have to pay to be there and jeff does not?
do i think jeff has a grip ya i do,do i think its with b.s. no i dont
do i think we as kiters should lightn up on b.s........... yes!

i just get bumed out reading this stuff and i try to figure out were is it comeing from?......money.
so if jeff is all about the kiters ....why dose he charge for it ?
money
charlie

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:40 pm

"so if jeff is all about the kiters ....why dose he charge for it ?
money"

to be fair, the shop does not make money on lessons. More than half the cost goes towards payroll to get certified instructors, and the rest is consumed by moorage, kites, 4 jet skis, and especially insurance. If we could get certified instructors to work for free, maybe then Jeff would make money on the lessons. we want to get people into the sport efficiently and safely. To do this, it takes money to cover these expenses. After we teach somebody, we hope they will come back someday and buy a kite from us because they had a good and safe experience with kiting.