good wind on wed

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
working late
good wind on wed

Post by working late » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 pm

Good winds ahead for Wed for some 'wind tunnel' spot where the water is warm and the tules grow..."ONSHORE GRADIENT WILL CONTINUE MODERATE TO STRONG THROUGH WEDNESDAY."

Get it while it's good....Zeev. :P

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:59 am

Tuesday evening at SI was amazing! Nuclear wind, hard ebb, and roller coaster swell made for perfect boosting and faux wave riding. The full moon came up just as the sun went down and the last kiter came in at 9 pm. When everything comes together, this sport is absolutely transcendental.

Thanks to Mr. Z for the tip in the parking lot on Sunday night -- "Keep your hands closer together when boosting". Amazing how much smoother the jumps and landings are now!

Paul

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:04 am

Agggrrrhhh.... I don't have a kite smaller than a 12m now!!! The winds need to back off a bit. I haven't been to the beach in 2 weeks!!(Been having fun with the landboard in parking lots around Suisun. 3m foil and 20-30 knot winds!!)
Dewey

back at work - poor me

high wind

Post by back at work - poor me » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:41 am

Glad the tip helped....it's great when small input at the right time helps one have more fun....hearing a ton of stuff is no good, it needs to be served up just in time.

Dewey - Hello bro, how much is it worth to you to STOP missing sick sessions? step up and buy a smaller kite dude. I have a 10m/8m V4 kite for sale that will get the job way done. I'll make you a deal you can't refuse. ping me at zeevgur123@yahoo.com if you want more details.

Later, Z.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:10 am

Nah...You want that RRD type 6 9 meter that I have for sale...Zeev hasn't been on his Naish kites for how long? ;^)

Hey Z - It sure helps to keep your hands wide on the bar when jumping.....as you loop it, that is....I am hoping to get out with my bud from the southland tomorrow at rio...

zman

Post by zman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:47 pm

Bob - should'nt you be heads down trying to augment your team??? you don't have time to be posting to BB.....and since you mentioned it, the Naish V4 have very limited miles on them, and are sweet kites ;-)

For looping, just take that front hand off the bar all together, unless you are ready to unhook......ooooohhhhhhh.....

I'll see you guys on the river on thursday....are you guys going to be there for the sick dawn partol sesh?

Later, Z.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:19 pm

trying to finalize the pass from the fam....MG has more work issues that I at this point....What's up with that work ethic thang...? really gets in the way!

Whitecap ins.grew by one today, so I hope to be out tomorrow....Maybe not dawn, but I hope to milk the ebb...

l8tr,

bob

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:30 pm

Sorry, we had to send in the B-Team this morning. ZH-16 from 7 'til 9 and pure buttah'-- bet you can't guess who owned the Tule Patch.

(Yup, da' bigga' one.)

Yeahhh, only because I wasn't there. Don't you know my Outrages are FAA approved?! But there's more, someone has some new Type Waves and has been throwing sick kiteloops with new tools and even landing a good % of 'em. What, maybe like 30+ of them in 3 days...Wait 'til I'm dialed in.... :-$

More details to follow..... Diversity is good.....

Wish I could be up there, though..... :(

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:16 pm

I'll be there Thurs. after 5 again. Hoping for a repeat of Tuesday, but as long as I get in the water, I'll be happy.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:Sorry, we had to send in the B-Team this morning. ZH-16 from 7 'til 9 and pure buttah'-- bet you can't guess who owned the Tule Patch.

(Yup, da' bigga' one.)
Yeahhh, only because I wasn't there. Don't you know my Outrages are FAA approved?! But there's more, someone has some new Type Waves and has been throwing sick kiteloops with new tools and even landing a good % of 'em. What, maybe like 30+ of them in 3 days??...Wait 'til I'm dialed in.... :-$ Nah, I'm just boasting a bit because I'm stoked. But, these are major enablers to take one's riding to a new level.

Thanks Evan!!!..... Diversity is good, more details to follow.....

Wish I could be up there, though..... :(