good wind on wed

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Thursday it is!!!!
Dewey

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:50 am

ready to drive, but the wind looks like gust &$%$#
/21 8:40 AM 6.0 16.0 WSW/247? 30.0 N/A

6 to 30? sounds like fun!

Bob

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:51 am

Hope it steadys out by afternoon!!!
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:01 am

As much as I want good wind today, I'm gonna have to say that the wierd weather does not bode well. It's still cloudy in the Valley at 10 am, and barely 70 degrees (It was 106 yesterday). There's a tropical storm pushing up from SoCal/Mexico, and it has to be screwing up the normal patterns.

Those gusty readings would be a pretty good indication. Seems like this system is alot stronger than the weather guys thought it would be (surprise, surprise)

Weekend forecast looks okay, though, until Sunday, when they're talking some NW wind. This system is supposed to be gone by tomorrow.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:40 am

Maybe tomorrow will be the better call. I'll wait and see
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 am

Sun's coming out...

If anyone gets chance to post marker readings later on, it would be appreciated.

whitecap
Regular
Regular

Post by whitecap » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:07 pm

I was way wound on the type wave 10. some waist to shoulder high rollers way upwind. A lot of fun surfing... yeah, not the typical rio butter, but a good time!

bob

Delta visitor

SI today

Post by Delta visitor » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:06 pm

Was much better then the graph.....remember, the reading is from the sign, which is DOWNWIND of little baja....it usually reads:
1. Low when the wind has a lot of west, as the hills block the west wind
2. Gusty when the wind has W + South parts (like today). It was NOT gusty
3. Too high when the wind goes SSW, as the river becomes a small wind tunnel, and the marker is by the "wall" other side of the river.

I rode a 10m kite and had a blast. Never too powered, definately not under. As Bob said, some big fat rollers were there for the farming....buckets of spray were flying everywhere....

Today we saw one of the many other faces of the delta - it's not always sunny and butter...sometimes it's cloudy and windy as heck with nice rollers.

Finally, you can never 'call' what the wind is going to do from Sacto, Fairfield, anywhere - unless you are right there. When in doubt, check it out. You will most likely have a sweet sesh....if you don't, you will learn a lot;-)

Good winds, Z.

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Re: SI today

Post by KillaHz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:41 pm

Delta visitor wrote:Was much better then the graph.....remember, the reading is from the sign, which is DOWNWIND of little baja....it usually reads:
1. Low when the wind has a lot of west, as the hills block the west wind
2. Gusty when the wind has W + South parts (like today). It was NOT gusty
3. Too high when the wind goes SSW, as the river becomes a small wind tunnel, and the marker is by the "wall" other side of the river.

I rode a 10m kite and had a blast. Never too powered, definately not under. As Bob said, some big fat rollers were there for the farming....buckets of spray were flying everywhere....

Today we saw one of the many other faces of the delta - it's not always sunny and butter...sometimes it's cloudy and windy as heck with nice rollers.

Finally, you can never 'call' what the wind is going to do from Sacto, Fairfield, anywhere - unless you are right there. When in doubt, check it out. You will most likely have a sweet sesh....if you don't, you will learn a lot;-)

Good winds, Z.
How about those tantrums...you loopin the kite before you land yet? I'll be there saturday and expect to see that back hand coming off the bar early into the rotation.

By the way Zeev, I just got the newest issue of Kiteboarding mag today...the shot of you on the monster wave went almost a full page...sizzle my nizzle!

You guys, check it out if you can...this was my first issue doing the magazine alone and I'm pretty stoked on it. Sick photos, great stories and good NorCal coverage. Even better things to come!
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:15 pm

Sounds like a repeat of Tuesday night.

Truth is, I was still beat from that session. I took advantage of the ambiguous forecast to clear my schedule for tomorrow.

I would subscribe to Ikite's FX if they had a "Zeevcast", live streaming Z. every day, April through October...

Hasta manana,

Paul