Flat windwings?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
elli
Resident
Resident

Post by elli » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:18 pm

Something is hanging from the center of the LE, and if I can see properly a couple of lines go from the front line connection to the struts.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:46 am

I don't think that's what the finished product will look like. I think that's just marketing. If it is then I'll have to get a 12m next year!!
Dewey

Windwing R+D

Windwing Speculation

Post by Windwing R+D » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:41 am

dewey wrote:I don't think that's what the finished product will look like. I think that's just marketing. If it is then I'll have to get a 12m next year!!
From WW Forum:
Guests wrote: From what I heard, the '06 Rage is pretty much the same, except for some improvements on the SAFE bridle system, the Rapture is very much improved for '06, and there is a whole 'nuther kite project for super-light air that is NOT the Rapture or the Rage.
All:
This is a pretty accurate version of what we are working on. We actually have 5 projects:
1) Improved SAFE for Rage II and Outrage
2) Improved '06 Rapture
3) New 'bucket' kite which could replace Rage II
4) Light-air specialty kite
5) Improved bar control systems

Our primary projuects for release in Sept are 1, 2 & 5
1 has been tested and is considered finished pending production details.
2 has been ongoing with new protos being tested starting today.
3 is being tested pending proto arrival next week.
4 is an ongoing project with several protos under testing.
5 is also ongoing with new hardware under testing.

Obviously, these are all ambitious projects and require considerable time and testing effort. Your interest in our development is very heartening and we appreciate your patience. Meanwhile, we think our '05 line is killer and anyone wishing immediate TOW (time on the water) will not be disappointed in the performance and price. Stay tuned on this forum as we announce the progress on these items in the near future.
Best regards,
- Bill

feixaq
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by feixaq » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:31 am

Bill -- thanks for keeping us informed on the latest developments at WW. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned for next season, but am happy with the WW kites I currently own as well.