HellFish

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:02 pm

Ollie,
Sounds like the head-to-head we really need is you on a 12 or 14M Outrage vs. the same size ZH.

Just stay away from those power lines... :supz:

Paul

P.s. -- why are WW people selling their Outrages to buy Raptures?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:06 pm

Paul,

I have no idea. Personally, I like them all, but am most accustomed to the WW Outrage and Rage II. But not long ago I flew the Rap 9 in fairly lit up conditions and liked it quite a bit as well. I've only flown the Rap 15 and 12 a couple times, and should fly them more to stay "well-rounded" i guess.

As there is no ZH 12 or 14, but only a 13, we'd have to do a ZH 10 vs. Outrage 10 huck-fest comparison.

kies

Post by kies » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:46 pm

Had a great 2 hour session on my outrage 17 friday. Came in cuz the fish never went up wind for me to see it. I dealt with the accident and then went out on the 13. Kinsley's. And yes he was at SI. (I heard Gabe was too) Kinsleys is chrome, and the productions are not.

Was it chrome at SI??

I did the first walk of shame in 4 years with the 13 fish at 3rd. Noticed the leading edge and struts were real low on air. Also the lines looked too tight in the rear. Hope this was the case, otherwise what a let down.

Hope the production ones are better. I was un impressed, and I have on due in a few days.

kitebored
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitebored » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:22 pm

BayAreaKite wrote: And finally, after a somewhat lengthy battle to relaunch it, everyone cheered when it did go back up, because the way it folding inside out and flopping around it seemed like it was all over. The rider's skill must have saved that one. ;)
Hey i think that was me... at least i flew the hellfish on saturday, and crashed it and had a lenghty time getting it back up. it was kinsley's, it was a rev. 3, and it was underinflated.

The floppy kite was one problem but i think another factor is that the bar was poorly set up ie. stopper ball was in the wrong place and there wasn't enough depower in the trim strap.

Overall i was underimpressed with the kite too.. It was definately better than my kite, but just not $1000 better. I have one on the way too so hopefully the production version will be all that i'm hoping for..

the mystery hellfish crasher,
brian.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Great to hear it was kinsleys, that makes me feel better (I guess) actually it makes feel optimistic again. That thing was a let down, but I thought it looked rigged wrong. Anyway, we will see.

Regarding the Outrage vs Rapture. I never traded mine in. I am keeping my Outrages. I like 'em. powerful and fun. great hang.

Crosbow sounds cool...anyone ridden one yet.????
(rumor has it Gabe did in Hawaii....July issue review maybe???)

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:53 am

kitebored wrote:
BayAreaKite wrote: And finally, after a somewhat lengthy battle to relaunch it, everyone cheered when it did go back up, because the way it folding inside out and flopping around it seemed like it was all over. The rider's skill must have saved that one. ;)
Hey i think that was me... at least i flew the hellfish on saturday, and crashed it and had a lenghty time getting it back up. it was kinsley's, it was a rev. 3, and it was underinflated.

The floppy kite was one problem but i think another factor is that the bar was poorly set up ie. stopper ball was in the wrong place and there wasn't enough depower in the trim strap.

Overall i was underimpressed with the kite too.. It was definately better than my kite, but just not $1000 better. I have one on the way too so hopefully the production version will be all that i'm hoping for..

the mystery hellfish crasher,
brian.
Nope, it wasn't you.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:58 am

Anonymous wrote:Great to hear it was kinsleys, that makes me feel better (I guess) actually it makes feel optimistic again. That thing was a let down, but I thought it looked rigged wrong. Anyway, we will see.
It wasn't Kinsley's. I also forgot to add that looking at it while flying in the sky above me, you could see lots of light spots in the kite that looked like holes, but really weren't. They were a result of lots of folding of the kite fabric, and in these areas something happened to the fabric to make it look pretty bad.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:19 am

I thought they were holes too. I think it was just the reflection of the bottom of the kite?? We went to check and the material looked solid. Still don't care to demo. Looks like just another kite. Maybe just shiney and thin.
Dewey

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:45 pm

Hey guys, I think I was wrong about the kite I saw being a production kite. I was talking to a friend today and he was almost certain it was one of the protos, and it couldn't be pumped up much because of the seaming. Seems the production kites have different seaming that allow it to be pumped hard, giving it the needed body and support.

Sorry for the misinformation, don't want to give out bad info. #-o

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:58 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Hey guys, I think I was wrong about the kite I saw being a production kite. I was talking to a friend today and he was almost certain it was one of the protos, and it couldn't be pumped up much because of the seaming. Seems the production kites have different seaming that allow it to be pumped hard, giving it the needed body and support.

Sorry for the misinformation, don't want to give out bad info. #-o
As of last posts on kiteforum I read, the production kites will now look like wax paper instead of aluminum foil :)