Hazard at Sherman Beware

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
KillaHz
Resident
Resident
Hazard at Sherman Beware

Post by KillaHz » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:05 pm

Hye, those of you who were at Sherman last week saw the slider that was up by the island. As the tide came in, it dissapeared. Nobody to my knowledge saw it break lose.

My best guess is that it ias submerged somewhere in the tule jump landing zone. I will be there for the next week and will do my best to find out where it went but I would resist the temptation to boost the tules until we find it.

I just thought everyone should be aware. And if anyone does happen to know where it landed, please put our minds to rest.

Thanks,
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:44 pm

Tell the dip-shit that left it there to go get it. Right now.
Go bigga'

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 pm

i saved the slider from floating away the first day,

on the second day i was not able to get out to save it, sandy took me out on a ski but we couldnt find it.

I don't feel like i should be taking any blame, but since i was one of the guys who used the slider, i feel partly responsible for it, as should anyone else who used it.

Anyway i just say that because i dont want to be "the" dipshit, i dont think thats me.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:26 pm

No, you're not the dipshit, unless you're the one who owns it and was resonsible for placing it. It goes without saying that whoever owns it and put it out there had the resonsibility to deal with it. Now nobody knows where it is and we've got the uncertainty of whether or not it's laying just below the surface in the vicinity at an awkward angle ready to cause injury...

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:34 pm

i dont own that slider, to my knowledge it was one of the slingshot reps, he was nice enough to build it and put it out there.

To be honest i dont think its submerged, the thing floats very well.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:00 pm

Yes, it was cool of him to put it out there, for sure. If it's not submerged, I wonder where it is though? If it floats well, someone would have seen it drifting away. Maybe we'll never know.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:23 am

Yup, we'll never know. Thus, the problem's created. If you put it there, pick it up. If you didn't, you're not the dip-shit.

I heard it was anchored with metal rods. Nice choice. Who will be the first to be impaled? I'm calling my personal injury attorney now. I know I sound like the local windsurfer (read: grumpy old man) but this poor judgement is just friggin' STUPID. I don't object to the slider per se, but to leave it there unattended! WTF?

'Nuf said? Go get your toys out of my pool!
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 am

Amen to that!

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:49 am

actually the metal anchoring is almost all gone from the ring, it only exists on one leg, but to be completely honest i think the slider is wayyy far from the upper tules, course i could e wrong but ive got this deep feeling its down by the rocks way downwind.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:52 am

What metal rods??? Crap why couldn't they just use a anchor?? There are enough danger that lurk beneath the water with out putting more in the jump zone. Hey anyone got some maneatting sharks that we could dump into the river, the ones that jump if you don't mind. Why stop at the water a few tigers on the island would really make things fun. I hope someone with scuba gear is going to check out the tulles.
Dewey