coyote to 3rd downwinder

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
blueocean
coyote to 3rd downwinder

Post by blueocean » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:40 pm

Hey forum. thanks for all your advice.
I REALLY want to try the big crissy to berkeley downwinder but have never gone that far or been out for three straight hours. I wanted to do a coyote to 3rd downwinder first. Anyone into this idea. Im happy to caravan and carpool back to coyote. hopefully some folk are into this and we can do it every now and again. thanks
you can email allartburns@hotmail.com if interested.
I try to get out every day when theres wind so any day works for me-ethan

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm in-- PM me for details. I usually ride Sherman at this time of year and there is good downwinder potential there too.
Go bigga'

kitebored
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kitebored » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:46 pm

downwinder potential at sherman? Please do tell. I know you can do it with boats but is there one involving cars?

TheRob

si downwinder

Post by TheRob » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:13 pm

yea, you can do it with cars. you go from s.i. to windy cove. it will take a good hour and a half depending on how much you screw around. just make sure you stay on the outside of rhyer island. you will never make it out.
later,
rob

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:11 pm

Not sure it is really neccessary because thrid is always such good wind. I can usually get upwind from third to Coyoute but I guess it would be fun on those ligter days.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:43 am

I know I'm missing something, but what's so fun about a downwinder?? I have a hard time not going too far up wind. During an ebb it sounds like it might be work at SI.
Dewey

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:04 am

well on the coast downwinders are hella fun in the surf since you dont have to waste time getting upwind,

in places like the bay the only reason i would ever do a downwinder is to sight see.

Love 3d water

Post by Love 3d water » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:00 pm

At SI, between the launch and windy cove, there is a standing wave about shoulder high. It occurs on a given type of tidal condition, and is super fun. When I windsurfed, this was quite the treat, and the start of my love for 3d water.

For a price of a few cold beers and good shots of Aguave juice, I may disclose the location.... :mrgreen:

Z.