Ripping Sherman on Wednesday 3/10

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
fearlu
Resident
Resident
Ripping Sherman on Wednesday 3/10

Post by fearlu » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:03 am

High north winds yesterday at the Island. What are usually pretty "un-fun" conditions can now be overcome. Here's the tip 'o the day: go behind islands #2 and #3 (into Sherman Lake basically) and ride the semi-slick on the leeward side. When you're done (or if it backs off) tack back through the first slot and walk it around the horn from the hidden kite beach to the regular starting point. Not too shabby!

New RRD Z-Type 10-meter worked sweet, BTW, and I was not the only one out there! More this weekend?
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:58 pm

Looks like more might be in store for this weekend. That would be great for Sat.. I was thinking about it all day after seeing the conditions early AM. Thought a early morning run might be ok for Thursday, but conditions were not there.

If you have the north wind plan, I'd be down for a trip out this weekend if it looks like it going to come up. Let me know. Maybe some others might join also.

ollie

Greg
Old School
Old School

Post by Greg » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:54 pm

Sherman on a North wind is do- able up at Windy Cove. Ride on a flood or drop a car wayyyy down the river. This can be super fun.
When the snow starts to melt the delta can get very cold, bring a full.
L.M.G.