Hellfish Sighting

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Dewey,

Well said! Whatever works for someone individually is what's important. A friend may be switching kites on account of pricing issues and he is totally open to what's out there. He's open-minded in a lot of ways, which is good, but hype will not sway him in any event.

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:48 pm

We don't need bumper stickers on kites reading "Eating Cabrinha, Sh*tting North"... :P

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:08 am

That would make a great bumper sticker
Dewey

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:40 am

if anyones not flying my brand i'll go out of my way to make their life a living hell.

you can quote me on that.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:42 am

Yeah, what "consumer" said. There is no room for more than one brand on these local waters and that brand is...

Wait, if y'all keep riding your brand you will never jump as high as we can on our brand, so...

Nevermind.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:37 pm

dt wrote:
pipedragon wrote:I wouldn't get all excited about the smell fish. Wait until you see what Naish has for 2006. I think they pulled the post on kiteforum but you won't want to pay all that money for a Best kite when you can get a much higher quality Naish one that will far out perform the Best line. The new Torch comes out soon from what I hear. It is funny how much advertising Best does and the big name companies don't have to do any.
It is funny how Pipedragon thinks an unannounced Naish kite or an unannounced Torch is going to be better than the Hellfish which is half the weight and has less drag than any other kite.
What Pipedragon is really saying is "Don't buy Best".

Pipedragon, got issues? Why don't you just say what your real problem with Best is rather than make up shit about kites you don't know anything about.

dt
Ugh, that was harsh. I actually tried to get a best kite this last season when they were having the $250 per kite sale but they sold out. I don't have a problem with best just with false advertising and innocent people getting ripped off. Not saying that is Best's intention I just like people to know the facts before they buy. And I don't always push the Naish line I think that windwing makes great kites as well and if I had the choice of Best or WindWing it would be wind wing for sure! I have been screwed by kite companies before so if I can help someone out then I will. That is what makes the internet so great. You have access to vast information. And yes I do know about the new Naish line. For example:
ImageImage