rideing too close to the beach

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School
rideing too close to the beach

Post by charlie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:42 pm

dam boys why do you ride so close to the shore ?
is your dick so small thats the only way to feel big?
we as kiters set up the rule to protect the beach goers
but are best kiters keep rideing to close to the shore why?
stop it . it keeps people from comeing in and it keeps people traped on the beach ........
next we name names and talk about how small, small is!
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:23 pm

Well you know the best way is to talk to people about it directly on the beach and in person...and in case any female riders get close to the beach, you may want to rephrase your statement. [-X

bdawg
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: rideing too close to the beach

Post by bdawg » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:11 pm

charlie wrote: is your dick so small thats the only way to feel big?
Ok, Charlie is pissed. But he does have a very good point. People kiting so close to the beach really gets me upset also. Is it that they don't know the rules? Or are they just showing off? I'm going to do my part to spread the word at my beach, I think everyone should do the same.

Blair

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:07 am

we did that last year, didnt work
so now.....
charlie

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:50 am

This is really a problem at SI when it is flooding hard. For many of us non-experts, getting off the beach is stressful and difficult. One day a few weeks ago, two guys were popping air on their transitions in the launch area, and yelling at people (me) taking care by walking out as far as they could before launching: "Hurry up" and worse.

I felt like saying "If you're so great, why can't you get farther upwind?"

Everybody knows that on these days, everyone gets crowded in along the shore and takes much longer to tack out. But for a few people, that just means a bigger audience...

BTW, these guys are regulars.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:57 am

charlie wrote:we did that last year, didnt work
so now.....
So now he's going to get some of these....

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:49 am

Pablito
I hear ya ...
What do you think we should do ?
This is not a new issue it is an old one .the regulars know
thay just dont care. maybe we should yell back!
charlie

sflinux
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

kiting too close to beach

Post by sflinux » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:32 pm

My first thought is rock salt or paint ball guns for the perpatrators, but I don't want to see this turn into a scene from fight club where we start drawing names and kicking ass.
On the other hand, I don't want to see bay area kiting get overly regulated. I agree with Charlie, kiting close to shore is good for no one. From a PASA perspective we could as a community start regulating against those that are causing trouble. I'm sure it is in the Shack's best interest to not have guys kiting close to the launch area. Perhaps we could start putting posters up of repeated violaters (Most Disrespectful, Most Shameful, etc) on the Shack, who repeatedly violate the local rules. This could warn others to stay clear of these guys and to keep a watchful eye on them. That way it is the whole kiting community against those misbehaving person(s) rather than whoever has the most voistrous mouth (LMG?) The whole point is to hopefully make these guys see the error of their ways... and make them stop.
-bric

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey, how about starting a Kite Patrol, like the ski patrol... a bunch of volunteers who get to kite for free in exchange for...

Oops. That wouldn't work. No incentive.

Unfortunately, many people are not even in a position to talk back to the jerks, especially newbies and visitors. The folks at Sherman have done a great job publicizing the "rules". I think that if someone decided to try to ban kiting there, the community could work with the park host to crack down on the bad actors. At other places, like Alameda, there might not be any intermediate step between the status quo and a ban by city government...

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:11 pm

I usually only kite close to the beach far upwind and never on a busy day so I am not sure what the problem is? The only reason I do this is because the water is more shallow and the chop is farther apart which sets up for a good tricks and jumps. The problem I see is not so much us local guys and girls doing it it is the fact that newbies and vistors follow along and crash their kites and ruin it for all of us.

I hope this was not targeted at me but I will do my best to avoid it.

Now I just wish I could solve the problem of people following me too close even when I try to get as far from the crowed as possible???