Cabrinha 14m Element and Prodigy board?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Scanman
Contributor
Contributor
Cabrinha 14m Element and Prodigy board?

Post by Scanman » Tue May 24, 2005 12:15 pm

Anyone own this combo? This is what I learned on so I was thinking of getting the package from Kite Windsurf. I think the price is not too bad with my $100 discount. I really only want to buy one kite right now. I weigh 170.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these.
I just want something that I won't grow out of in a season or two, but not too hard to learn on. I won't be going too much this year since I'm getting married in a few months so I don't want to piss off the future missus. =)

I'll probably always be using it at Alameda the first two years. I don't mind a bigger board because I kind of like just cruising around for a while, and I still need to practice my regular stance. I'm just so use to going goofy foot since that's how I snowboard. I've always had a hard time doing anything while riding fakey.

Thanks for any opinions.

Joe

Big Al
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Big Al » Tue May 24, 2005 10:45 pm

Yea, go for it, if you are only going to be riding Alameda that combo would work out nicely. Summertime brings light winds to Alameda and you'll need that big board to be able to do anything. But as you progress and have the desire to ride in stronger winds or anywhere besides Alameda, you'll need to get a smaller board. That board is huge!

Good luck.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed May 25, 2005 5:27 am

Yes, it's a big board, but with any luck you pass it on the another beginner after your skills progress a bit.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Wed May 25, 2005 12:49 pm

you can get two kites from windwing for the price of that cabrinha

Scanman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Scanman » Wed May 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Yeah, but I figured since I learned on the Cabrinha, I'm already familiar with the safety system, one less thing to worry about. It's not really a bad deal, the 14m Element and Prodigy board will only be $1327 with my lesson discount.

Getssum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Getssum » Wed May 25, 2005 3:36 pm

Bravo Scanman, people need to realize that it's not always about the "cheapest" Sometimes you want the extra support and security of someone who's there to help out like a local shop. Far too often do we see people who are so set on price, that it's all they consider. I've had great experiences with shop owners, and had them help out with support over long weekends where I may have been grounded if I had to wait on a part from somewhere else in the country.

Support your local shop and they'll support you.

Also a worthy piece of equipment that you'll need is a helmet, while not required it's well worth the extra money now to save you from stitches later!

I think the element is very close to last year's C02, which was a good kite. The prodigy is a big board, but if you're in Alameda, you often need one of those. Plus it allows you to use a much smaller kite, which can get you in less trouble if the wind comes up.

Scanman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Scanman » Wed May 25, 2005 5:17 pm

Yup, I'm definitely getting a helmet, and a PFD too.