ANNOUNCEMENT-Lightwind Challenge ALAMEDA 5/29 SUNDAY AFERNOO

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
marina
Fat Boy Challenge is NOT THE KITEBOARDER MAGAZINE TEST

Post by marina » Tue May 24, 2005 8:28 am

hi Everyone,

There seems to be some confusion re: these two tests. The Fat Boy Challenge is a local San Francisco event that coincidentally timed with someone leaking that The Kiteboarder Magazine will be conducting a light wind kite test i.e. these two tests are NOT THE SAME.

The Kiteboarder's "Take the Tech Out of Gear Testing" is targeted to take place the second week of June, depending on wind. We have a team of consumers already lined up and are currently gathering gear and coordinating logistics. Full details will be available here in the next few days. This test is being done in coordination with Kiteforum. Thanks to Toby and the riders for all your great suggestions. You've been asking for this for quite some time and The Kiteboarder and Kiteforum.com are going to deliver!

FYI, the July issue of The Kiteboarder Mag just shipped on Friday! We'll be posting the new FREE PDF download here. In the meantime, here is our April issue http://www.theringmedia.com/KBMAG/Banne ... pril05.pdf. All current and back issue are available for free in PDF format at www.kbmag.com.

Enjoy and let us know the results of your local test!

Marina
The Kiteboarder Magazine

knyfe
Resident
Resident

Post by knyfe » Tue May 24, 2005 3:06 pm

uh oh guys,

missed to read through the forum for two days and nearly missed the best event ever. I like to come too with my 17 foil sleeping bag and check out the tubes. I really like to see the differences as I am not satisfied with my foil. Cant make it today, thats for sure. But may be tomorrow. When will you start tomorrow?

Do you also have light wind boards to check? I heared that the "door" should work the best ...

CU Knyfe

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Re: Fat Boy Challenge is NOT THE KITEBOARDER MAGAZINE TEST

Post by pipedragon » Tue May 24, 2005 3:45 pm

marina wrote:hi Everyone,

There seems to be some confusion re: these two tests. The Fat Boy Challenge is a local San Francisco event that coincidentally timed with someone leaking that The Kiteboarder Magazine will be conducting a light wind kite test i.e. these two tests are NOT THE SAME.

The Kiteboarder's "Take the Tech Out of Gear Testing" is targeted to take place the second week of June, depending on wind. We have a team of consumers already lined up and are currently gathering gear and coordinating logistics. Full details will be available here in the next few days. This test is being done in coordination with Kiteforum. Thanks to Toby and the riders for all your great suggestions. You've been asking for this for quite some time and The Kiteboarder and Kiteforum.com are going to deliver!

FYI, the July issue of The Kiteboarder Mag just shipped on Friday! We'll be posting the new FREE PDF download here. In the meantime, here is our April issue http://www.theringmedia.com/KBMAG/Banne ... pril05.pdf. All current and back issue are available for free in PDF format at www.kbmag.com.

Enjoy and let us know the results of your local test!

Marina
The Kiteboarder Magazine
On kiteforum I was actually talking about the Alameda version of the event. I did not actually know that the kiteboarder was involved. I guess we can do some preliminary testing today and this week and then get ready for the big event. I think i got Best kiteboarding interested in giving up a hellfish but maybe it was for the other event??

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jjm » Tue May 24, 2005 3:47 pm

Ya man, for a second I thought all the major players would be showing up plopping down $100k bets at Alameda.

Now that would have been cool.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue May 24, 2005 3:58 pm

I am down. I will bring the V4 25 but I am not sure you can get one anymore so not much of a test. I am down though. I guess I got the buzz going on the light wind showdown that kiteboarder is doing. I really knew nothing about that I was taking about this one at Alameda!! We should still see if Best will give up a hellfish but since this one at Alameda is put on by kitewindsurf I would like to keep it to what they sell!!

andyandmarlys
Regular
Regular

Post by andyandmarlys » Tue May 24, 2005 9:00 pm

Well... today at 6ish even the biggest kites wouldn't help....

Trying again tomorrow at 6-7ish....

If you'd like to get started and you are a local kiting hero, the kites are available for an early checkout from Kitewindsurf...

Hope to see all you fatties out there..

andyandmarlyskite

Maybe today?

Post by andyandmarlyskite » Wed May 25, 2005 12:40 pm

Hopefully today the wind cooperates... It looks like 10-12 might be possible today... If not..

Don't forget about Linguini's $6 Pizza Celebration...

jjm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Maybe today?

Post by jjm » Wed May 25, 2005 12:50 pm

andyandmarlyskite wrote:Hopefully today the wind cooperates... It looks like 10-12 might be possible today... If not..

Don't forget about Linguini's $6 Pizza Celebration...
Is the pizza thing weekly or a one time deal??

andyandmarlyskite

Pizza

Post by andyandmarlyskite » Wed May 25, 2005 1:01 pm

Every wednesday...

Andyandmarlyskite

I am at Kitewindsurf... It is blowing enough

Post by Andyandmarlyskite » Wed May 25, 2005 4:37 pm

I am in the shop now... All kites are here and ready to go.

It is blowing 9 now... hopefully building a little bit..

Come on down