Wind heads up

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Mr. Retro
Wind heads up

Post by Mr. Retro » Wed May 18, 2005 11:15 pm

I'm sure everyone knows, but just in case:

Fri/Sat look like really good wind + wave days on the coast. I'll be trying to get some on one of those days.....need to feed the soul......

Good winds + waves, Zeev.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 19, 2005 7:14 am

No not Friday and Saturday.....I'm off Sunday and Monday!!!!!!!!
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu May 19, 2005 8:23 am

Dewey,
It's looking like Sun and Monday might be decent in the Delta... It's supposed to be 90 by Sunday, which might get some thermals going.

What makes good wind on the coast? Is it clearing wind from the storm, or something else?

Paul

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Thu May 19, 2005 10:49 am

Z, I might head to Wadell on Saturday. Gotta go to Half Moon anyway for some plants. Maybe I will catch you there and I can check out your custom wave board??

Lusting for waves

wave boards

Post by Lusting for waves » Thu May 19, 2005 9:17 pm

Ryan,

I"ll be @ Stinson beach on Saturday, using the board in the waves. Otherwise, it would be a great chance for you to check it out.

I'll be on the coast tomorow, as the waves are setting up really nice and meaty and there is wind in the forecast.

If you want to hook up on the coast and borrow my firebird, that is a good plan.

Good wind + waves, Z.

Cool in the green room

update on forecast

Post by Cool in the green room » Fri May 20, 2005 8:07 am

The waves have arrived in force. The wind will be there as well. The coast will be very good today....

" New WNW swell (270-300) is booming in this morning and will be peaking as we move through the first half of the day. Most breaks will be in the head high to overhead+ range while the standouts see sets going several feet overhead and into the double overhead range." that would be waddell and other spots south of there.....ooohhh yeahhhh.....

The bay + delta will also be good today, as the departing storm leaves behind a nice pressure gradient. Get it while the getting is good.

Good winds + waves, Zeev.

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Fri May 20, 2005 6:45 pm

Sherman was sweet after an iffy start. Nice swells on an ebb, and 14s and 16s lit up. It wasn't the coast, but you could carve down those knee-high faces. I left at 5 and folks were coming in to put up their 12s.

Paul