Rage II or Boxer or Diesel

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed May 11, 2005 3:52 pm

If you are willing to pay a little more the Diesel has one pump which is sweet but really you can't go wrong with any of the three kites. :mrgreen:

rss
Joey
Joey

Post by rss » Thu May 12, 2005 7:52 am

Thanks everyone for their input. It sounds like the SAFE system is tricky to set up and thus not an asset for someone not interested in a lot of rigging hasslesóironically the SAFE system was the reason I was attracted to WW.

Still trying to figure it out. It sounds like I'll have to buy one of each and get back to you. ...
Thanks again,

Richard

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Thu May 12, 2005 8:31 am

The safe system is very simple on the Rage 2. Works great!! If you have any trouble with it you could always ask Ollie or myself to check it out for you. Once it's on no problems!!
Dewey

Pablito(guest)

Post by Pablito(guest) » Thu May 12, 2005 10:35 am

I'll second what Dewey said. I just got a Rage II 14m, and it just takes about 15 minutes to set up the SAFE system. It's not confusing, and it creates much less potential for tangling your lines than the fifth line systems do while accomplishing a similar result.

Also, if you are really just starting to kite, you might want to use the Jumpstart relaunch initially (instead of the SAFE system) until you gain the ability to keep the kite out of the water. I think Jumpstart would have saved me alot of time when I was first learning. Too bad you can only have one system at a time on the kite.

Paul

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Thu May 12, 2005 12:25 pm

dewey wrote:
Dewey,

What did you do to dial the SAFE bridles in?
Nothing, I still can't get the 12m to engage. It's the 17m that works well. Maybe the 12m flys too far foward in the window.
I just bought the same sizes and I'm a bit confused, to say the least, how they are supposed to be installed. Any chance for a show and tell?

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Thu May 12, 2005 12:38 pm

panzerfaust wrote:
dewey wrote:
Dewey,

What did you do to dial the SAFE bridles in?
Nothing, I still can't get the 12m to engage. It's the 17m that works well. Maybe the 12m flys too far foward in the window.
I just bought the same sizes and I'm a bit confused, to say the least, how they are supposed to be installed. Any chance for a show and tell?
I'd be happy to rig them for you if i see you on the beach. Offer goes for anyone else as well. Once you've done a couple kites, it's automatic-easy.

Ollie

the wing

Windwing SAFE video

Post by the wing » Thu May 12, 2005 2:50 pm

There is a new SAFE installation video hosted on www.windwing.com. Go to the forum, and at the top of the General Kiteboarding discussion there is a video (low res) on how to install the system. It takes a minute to download, but should help answer questions. Thanks.

Windwing Customer Service

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by panzerfaust » Thu May 12, 2005 9:26 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:
dewey wrote: Nothing, I still can't get the 12m to engage. It's the 17m that works well. Maybe the 12m flys too far foward in the window.
I'd be happy to rig them for you if i see you on the beach. Offer goes for anyone else as well. Once you've done a couple kites, it's automatic-easy.

Ollie
sweet, thank you so much, I don't know what you look like but I'm sure we've seen each other at the beach.

panzerfaust
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Windwing SAFE video

Post by panzerfaust » Thu May 12, 2005 9:27 pm

the wing wrote:There is a new SAFE installation video hosted on www.windwing.com. Go to the forum, and at the top of the General Kiteboarding discussion there is a video (low res) on how to install the system. It takes a minute to download, but should help answer questions. Thanks.

Windwing Customer Service
yeah, the video quality is pretty bad but I will definitely see if I can figure it out before I take up Ollie on his offer.

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Thu May 12, 2005 9:45 pm

jowall wrote: It's a bit of a hassle to install & tune the safe bridles but worth the effort for performance. It's such a simple and efficient idea.
-John
My orginal posting was differentiating/comparing 3 different brands. Perhaps I should have quantified the effort to setup the SAFE system. First, Ollie was kind enough to setup one of my kites and I used it to check the rigging of my other 2 kites. Second the WW forum/feedback is really good. Third, if I see you on the beach, I'd be happy to check out your lines.

-John