Turbolauncher ... rapid setup with no more tangled lines?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
ricki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Turbolauncher ... rapid setup with no more tangled lines?

Post by ricki » Mon May 02, 2005 1:18 pm

I came across an intriguing new product at the Islamorada Invitational 2005, the Turbolauncher.

The Turbolauncher website ( http://kitelauncher.com/ ) listed the following advantages:

"Their are many advantages to the new Turbolauncher to help get you out there enjoying the wind and waves quicker.
Safety launching system-ensures quick,tangle free line run-out

An effective and safe kite launching system for use from shallow water, beaches that are to small to set up your lines or rocky, sharp areas that may affect you by catching on your lines. This is the time to use the Turbolauncher.

Line management system-keeps lines tangle free with easy to use line separators.

Line storage system-safely stores lines in "ready to go" mode all the time, giving you Turbolaunch time when you get to the beach!
SIMPLY CONNECT YOUR LINES AND GO!"

A "loaded" launcher sitting on a kite.

More info and setup photos appear at:
http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=84

Windseeker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Windseeker » Mon May 02, 2005 1:27 pm

You "came across an intriguing new product at the Islamorada Invitational 2005" Ya nice try..... sounds little like your the guy selling it!

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Mon May 02, 2005 1:29 pm

I think it'll retail for $60!!! Nice piece of plastic.
Dewey

ricki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ricki » Mon May 02, 2005 1:38 pm

Windseeker wrote:You "came across an intriguing new product at the Islamorada Invitational 2005" Ya nice try..... sounds little like your the guy selling it!
Nope, don't sell anything. This is just a hobby for me and it is an intriguing product. You can see all the big bucks I rake in from all the pay for view articles on http://fksa.org/

as you say, nice try

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Mon May 02, 2005 2:16 pm

Yes hurry and buy it so another kiteboarder (Not you!) can kite all day and not have to work. I think not!!

kies

Post by kies » Mon May 02, 2005 4:30 pm

this ranks right up there with the Flo-Bee (?)system. The one with the metal reel on the bar. I knew one guy in Maui who used it from his yard. Otherwise the thing was bulky and dangerous ...have fun.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon May 02, 2005 6:13 pm

kies wrote:this ranks right up there with the Flo-Bee (?)system. The one with the metal reel on the bar. I knew one guy in Maui who used it from his yard. Otherwise the thing was bulky and dangerous ...have fun.
For those who don't about the Flowbee Haircutting System:

Image Image
Image Image

Post by Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 7:34 pm

kies wrote:this ranks right up there with the Flo-Bee (?)system. The one with the metal reel on the bar. I knew one guy in Maui who used it from his yard. Otherwise the thing was bulky and dangerous ...have fun.
Yes, true story, those Flowbee systems are a menace! Particularly to dogs, they hate the sound of the vacuum.

Still, when I look at ...

The Flowbee control bar, that went to sea with the kiteboarder.

and compare it to

the Turbolauncher while comes off and is left on the beach before you even launch, I have trouble seeing the comparison??? What am I missing?

How about the old reel bars that were made like a bicycle? Those things could decapitate a rhino.

ricki
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by ricki » Mon May 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in on the last post.

I found a shot of an old Kiteski control bar made of welded steel like a bike frame. I took one of these to Maui in 1999 (a loaner) but fortunately it never left my suitcase. Flash and Rush used these at one time which is impressive considering the strong, gusty winds out that way.

goddles
Joey
Joey

Post by goddles » Mon May 02, 2005 7:58 pm

Ok,
Now I am gonna have to step in!
I have kited 3rd Ave. Reminds me of Squamish, British Columbia, my hangout and thats why I invented it.
I intensely dislike congested spots with lines all over the place and people all around me and walking around corners to get to a launch site, like 3rd ave or Squamish!
I would be happy to send out a few of these Turbolaunchers free of charge for the bay area guys to try out. The benefits will be anything but a Flow-Bee and 3rd Ave is a great spot to test it!
I can be contacted privately through the website at kitelauncher.com for those who would like a unit to try.
It is for the kiteboarding industry to starts looking at other safety issues other than quick releases, depower straps and 5th lines. This device is all about safety. Its a paradigm shift in thinking and for me, one of the inventors, a great tool that has enhanced my experience for over 1 year.
Only a fool would spend his or her money investing in a piece of plastic that does not work! I'm far from a fool.