I heart Alameda

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:09 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:Have you ever kited but felt like, "Man, I'm kind of sore and tired.", but kept kiting anyway? Who needs Tai Bo, just kite all the time...
All the time but I just keep on going. I just think of those days when there is no wind anywhere and I would do anything to kite. That always gives me a second wind!

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Who needs Tai Bo, just kite all the time...
That is why I stopped going to TaeBo, instead kiting so far. I can only do TaeBo for 1 hour, but I don't feel too tired when I am kiting. That's the best part!

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm

do you guys really feel kiting is that much of a workout?

In the beginning it really seemed like it to me with all the soreness i went through, but now, with regular kiting it all seems to be pretty easy, my heartrate never really goes up, and i dont really get all that tired, at the end of the day i can still go out for a long workout. Especially so if i spend a day at the flats, ofcourse unhooking is still work for me with all the splashing around i do, and falling in the water, but for the most part it doesnt feel all that major.

Then again i am young so im not sure if its the age or if its not doing anything for me anymore.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Pumping up my 16.5 with 7 struts is considered a cardio workout in my household.

I'm sure age has nothing to do with it consumer!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 pm

consumer wrote:do you guys really feel kiting is that much of a workout?

In the beginning it really seemed like it to me with all the soreness i went through, but now, with regular kiting it all seems to be pretty easy, my heartrate never really goes up, and i dont really get all that tired, at the end of the day i can still go out for a long workout. Especially so if i spend a day at the flats, ofcourse unhooking is still work for me with all the splashing around i do, and falling in the water, but for the most part it doesnt feel all that major.

Then again i am young so im not sure if its the age or if its not doing anything for me anymore.
Sometimes it is for me. If you're throwing a lot of tricks one after the other and pounding upwind hard for extended periods, it can get tiring. It can be as tiring as you want it to really. Sometimes if I just cruise and take my time about it, it's pretty leisurely. But a couple of back to back sessions at SI Sunday, working all day Monday and hitting the water very powered and overpowered for a couple hours worked me. Today was much better though. O:) I think I'll be fine.

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:14 am

You guys are killing me! Imagine being nearly 50 years old (I know, that's hard to imagine until you're there) and 260 pounds and hucking it as hard as you can every session. Grinding all that mass upwind and into the air is definitely strenuous. Not anaerobic like mountain biking, but definitely painful the next day or two. Enjoy your pain-free youth while you can 'cuz it ain't gettin' any easier!

](*,)
Go bigga'

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:25 am

Aerobic? I'm forgetful too.
Go bigga'

wavie gravie

Post by wavie gravie » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:13 am

Consumer
you sound like my daughter. My daughter doesn't think skiing is a work out either, while I am growning thru dinner in joyful pain.
But then again doing a pizza wedge on the bunny hill isn't strenuous for her. hit'n KT22 all day is, for me.

It's all relative. If you aren't tired and sore...you aren't pushin it. At any age.

Get back to us when you move off the bunny waves.
ha ha :mrgreen: