Boardbag as normal flight luggage?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
exsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by exsailor » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:38 pm

I'll add another recommendation for the NSI bag... I've gone 2 for 2 with no problems at all.

Customs hasn't been an issue for me. Only the airlines care if it's a kite in the bag... Customs/Security don't seem to mind as long as it's not sharp, explosive, or carrying some tropical disease.

mike_s
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mike_s » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:05 pm

...and me, I've been traveling with the NSI bag for about a year now.....US and international.....in excess of 20 trips on various airlines, never been charged.....only been asked once if they're really golf clubs when I admitted that no it was a snowboard....still not charged but had to sign a waiver removing liability.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:43 am

Last time I put a kite in a big suitcase, and it arrived 4 days later. Needless to say that I was pissed and there was nothing I could do but wait. That pretty much destroyed half of the vacation as there was no wind after those 4 days. At least I got to see my family.

Windseeker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Windseeker » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Why do the airlines care if there's a kite in the bag but don't care if its a board??

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:16 pm

Windseeker wrote:Why do the airlines care if there's a kite in the bag but don't care if its a board??
It is not the kite it is the board they care about. They charge for surfboards and consider a kiteboard a surfboard. If they charged for golf clubs and snowboards they would lose a lot of customers.

The other reason to disquise your gear is that kiteboarding is getting more popular and people know how much the gear costs. You are less likely to get your gear stollen if they do not know what it is. You never know what baggage handlers or just airport personell are up to.

DeltaRider

Southwest and American Experiences

Post by DeltaRider » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:19 pm

Just came back today from a week in Kailua. I borrowed a large board from a buddy that qouldn't fit in my NSI Golf bag.

I flew Southwest from Sacramento to Phoenix and then a week later to LAX with no problems. I was using a large DaKine snowboard bag. When I checked in with American at LAX; the agent looked up a lot in her system and finally allowed the large bag as a replacement of a checked bag when I told her its a snowboard bag (never mentioned whats inside). Coming home last night, the folks at AA in HNL must be more on top of it as I got dinged $80 not for it being a kiteboard, but before the H x L x W was > 65"; and then this morning again on Southwest had no problem back to PHX. AA clearly states on their website that kiteboards are $80, but give you a 100 pound bag limit so you can pack everything in.

Catherine

Will Viagara help w/ low sex drive or premature ejaculation?

Post by Catherine » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:22 am

My husband is 42 and for the past 2 years or so has had zero interest in sex. He also suffers from premature ejaculation so I think that he may just be too embarrassed to try anymore and totally won't talk about the subject. So my question is this... will the drug viagara help w/ either of these 2 problems and does anyone know of anything else that may help? Thanks in advance.

other drug.....

Post by other drug..... » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:51 am

Catherine
you should take up kite boarding..
it can be better then sex with a 42 year old and it last as long as the wind blows.

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:57 am

Bitch!!! Who told you to get on the internet and tell everyone my business!!!! Thank God for the little blue pills!!

Ollie I think it's time to get rid of guest posts.
Dewey

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 am

Catherine,

I would be glad to help you out with your problem. It does not require any drugs at all to regain the satisfaction you seek. I'm 49 (and have been sexually active since the age of 15) and can certainly counsel you further in the privacy of my van.

Does the smell of an XXL wetsuit bother you at all?

And yes, bigga' is betta'!