Message to Bay Area kiters (and windsurfers)

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
spork
Contributor
Contributor
Message to Bay Area kiters (and windsurfers)

Post by spork » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:16 am

I just wanted to thank the SFBA for all they've done for us at 3rd Ave. When I wanted to add a rinse station, they were happy to fund the project. When we wanted to add safety signs, they worked with us and the city, and funded that as well. They've been working tirelessly with us, the city, and the golf course to find a solution to the problem of balls coming over the nets and hitting cars and people. Recently they succeeded in convincing the golf course to convert completely to limited flight balls (at very significant expense to the golf course). I don't know if the problem is solved 100%, but I haven't seen any balls come over the net since the changeover.

These are just some of the things they've done for us over the past 3 years - and I'm sure there are MANY things I don't know about over the past 20 years.

My only affiliation with SFBA is that I am one of two representatives to the SFBA for the 3rd Ave kiters, and I recently joined SFBA for a mere $20. SFBA is a non-profit organization, and none of the officers etc. are paid - all positions are volunteer.

The only purpose for this message is to make sure people realise how much they're doing for us, and to encourage people to join. If you want to join you can do it on-line at http://www.sfba.org/ Just click on the membership link - and pay online via PayPal if you like.

See you all out there.

RC

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:57 am

Rick,

Thanks for the post. I agree that the SFBA is a great organization and well worth one's support. I don't know if I'm due to renew yet, but certainly will when the time comes.

It's probably safe to say that very few, if any, of us only kite at one spot, and no one launch is an island (except for Sherman Island), so by lending your support to organizations like the SFBA and this site, you can increase unity, awareness and community that directly influences your ability to enjoy improvements, maintain access, have cool events and stay informed.

Cheers,
Ollie