The kiter delema!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular
The kiter delema!!

Post by pipedragon » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:40 pm

I live in Alameda so of course I want to kite here if possible. Unless I want to ride waves but after 3 days in a row of kiting I am takin it easy. Here is the problem. It is plenty windy at third ave. but Alameda is starting to pick up. So do I stay at Alameda and possibly have no wind or head to third for garunteed wind? Oh the problems we face!! You gotta love this sport!!!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Re: The kiter delema!!

Post by OliverG » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:06 pm

pipedragon wrote:I live in Alameda so of course I want to kite here if possible. Unless I want to ride waves but after 3 days in a row of kiting I am takin it easy. Here is the problem. It is plenty windy at third ave. but Alameda is starting to pick up. So do I stay at Alameda and possibly have no wind or head to third for garunteed wind? Oh the problems we face!! You gotta love this sport!!!
Ryan, you know you're as addicted as the rest of us, so don't be acting like you wouldn't kite if it was windy, especially with you being single and all. Taking it easy, hmmm.. But it was OK at Alameda, a bit light. Currently, my biggest kite is a 14, and most others were on 16 or 17's, some on 14's, I think Yoko was able to work a 12, but it's amazing how you can make something work when you need it to. If I had a 16, I would been on it, but I had an OK time on the 14.

Hana
Regular
Regular

Post by Hana » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:26 pm

Maybe I should have taken 12m... but I was greedy and took 16m. Umm. I may be heavier than Ollie. I did kinda-toe-side transition for the first time though! Plus, I got a reward after screwing up being dizzy, almost passing out on the water and lost my board again. Friends are great. You would be amazed how lucky I am. I got a steak at the beach!

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:51 pm

Hana,

I thought you went out on a 12m! I had just seen you pumping a 12, weren't you? But we all know you're not heavier than me! And I told you I smelled food cooking from the parking lot! :)

Ollie