RRD ZH kites deliver!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
fearlu
Resident
Resident
RRD ZH kites deliver!

Post by fearlu » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:23 am

FINALLY had the chance to ride the new ZH kite from RRD yesterday at the Delta (13 meter). Check the wind archives and you can see I was pretty lit. Unbelievable boost, hang-time, windward ability and depower function. I was never that hyped on the 5th line for relaunch (since I make every effort not to drop my kite) but the ability to ride out the sick gusts while shortening the 5th line is amazing. I should have been on a 10 for sure but hung onto the 13 in gusts well over 30. The other guy on the water was riding an 8, just for comparison's sake.

Hangtime? Oh my! I found myself wondering if I was ever coming down in a few of those puffs and instead of bringing the kite back down with quick front-hand pressure, had to wait out the lift period-- definitely needs different timing. I came in so [glow=red]hot[/glow] one time I was at full bore by the time my board touched down. Definitely the fastest board speeds I've ever experienced with this kite. Racers ready?

There was smoke on the water in a few of the heavier gusts. Swell riding on the inside was all-time.

Looks like you all got it too since it was windy everywhere! =D>
Go bigga'

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:40 am

Dave,

Sounds awesome. Chip's been stoked on his 13m ZH he's had for a little while now, and there were a couple guys at Crissy on Wave's and ZH's. Several local riders have also switched recently from Slingshot to Rrd, so they must be doing something right.

Going to windy most everywhere today!

Smoke on z water

Fire in the sky

Post by Smoke on z water » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:28 am

Dave - I would have loved to see you soooo lit on the 13m kite.....nutty!!! I bet you were throwing down some big buckets in your turns. Good times.

Good winds + waves, Z.

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:37 pm

The good news is that the RRD Type ZHfor med/high AR kite and the RRD Type Wavefor ocean riding and medium AR have been huge hits in the Bay Area spots.

The better news is that on Saturday April 23rd there will be a demo day for RRD in the Bay Area. I will wait a little before I say where, but Type ZH, Type Wave and Type 6 will all be there ready for you to judge if they really are as high performers as everybody says.

In addition, Live2KITEand RRD riders will be available for tuning and riding Q&A.

Good winds to all,
Live2KITE

dewey
Old School
Old School

Post by dewey » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:51 pm

I havn't tried the ZH, but the Wave type is insane!!! I don't think I could handle the speed and the power stearing of that kite!! That's right I was underpowered on Chips kite, and I was still scared of the kite. I've never felt a kite turn so fast with so little imput. It was turning like a stunt kite!! I'm sure double looping is pretty easy with this kite (still not for me). Awsome kite RRD!!!!
Dewey

consumer
Regular
Regular

Post by consumer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:09 pm

try to get them to hit the coast on either 23rd or 24th!, actually im not sure if caution would like that.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:59 pm

consumer wrote:try to get them to hit the coast on either 23rd or 24th!, actually im not sure if caution would like that.
Have they been doing so well that they bought up that section of California Coast and now own it?

charlie
Old School
Old School

my rapture rips!!!

Post by charlie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:47 pm

dude bring that thing on ,and lets get it on !!
my rapture is bulit to race!
charlie

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:58 am

dave
i got into chip yesterday at pt.emery he ripped me a new one on his 16m zh rrd
fast ,upwind i got schooled .
course i wes right there with him for 2 runs on my 12m rapture?
then he just left my area code.
charlie

Live2KITE
Regular
Regular

Post by Live2KITE » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Guys,
Next time you see any of the RRD local riders ask them for a Type ZH or Wave test. They are insane kites that will make a difference on your kiting enjoyment this year. We have converted tens of other brand riders just by having a 15min try on those incredible machines.

On the same topic, come and meet the designer of RRD kites Simone Vannucci at the San Francis Yacht Club (next to Crissy Field) tonight (4:30-7:30pm), or on Saturday during (and after) the SFBA.org meet. RRD kites will be available for demo and show, + the Live2KITE and RRD / Cabal team will be there for tuning and other advice.

See you all there. (a lot of giveaways at the SFBA raffle - don't miss out)

Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884