I am a Good example of a Bad example!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:52 pm

Live2KITE wrote:It's a tough choice when this happens to choose between going down on your feet or on the butt.
I chose to go the butt / back once and many things can get hurt at once. I still get the sharp pain on me neck every once in a while from this fall and it's been already 1.5yrs and multiple therapy sessions.
Feet vs butt/back? I'll go feet next time, although I hope it won't happen again.... :roll:
Yes, I would agree with you on the butt/back landing. I was speaking briefly to LMG about this a day or two ago and we agreed that a butt/back landing could expose one to quite a bit more of a catastrophic injury than a feet/leg landing. Of course, the best option is not putting yourself in that kind of situation, which is what I will fervently work toward and maintain. But better a injured foot, sprained or broken ankle or heel than a broken back, tailbone or paralysis. I'm just happy that it wasn't worse. Today was OK. Mornings are a bit tough, but it loosens up throughout the day and I could be back on the water, well, probably before I should be, but maybe within a couple days.

Bob
Regular
Regular

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:48 am

ollie:
Bob,

No worries! I have learned my lesson! I won't be airborn anywhere near shallow water, and no jumping on land either, which I never really did anyway, and I promise to work on not hucking big air too close to the beach on higher tides!

Unhunh...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:23 pm

Bob wrote:ollie:
Bob,

No worries! I have learned my lesson! I won't be airborn anywhere near shallow water, and no jumping on land either, which I never really did anyway, and I promise to work on not hucking big air too close to the beach on higher tides!

Unhunh...
I know, actions speak louder than words. :roll: