Need suggestions for a small kite

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:18 pm

Hana wrote:Thank you everyone! Yes, I got used 6m Boxer. It's coming from Hood River. I even had a dream about I was kiting at Hood River last night with Fedex Ground truck driving around me. It was fun and I was late to work but am happy. I can stick to the same kite and enjoy kiting without much distruction (like learning a new system, bar, etc.).
Let's put that to use at Wadell one of these weekends. I am in the market for a small kite as well to replace my old Takoon that does not really fly right. I am probabaly going to get a V4 10 or a boxer 10 but they are so close in price right now that I would rather get a V4. Even the X4 is the same price but I want to go lower aspect for my high wind kite. I am planning on a trip to Maui soon and from what I hear you need a small kite. I also need one anyway.

Lip Smacker

Small Kite

Post by Lip Smacker » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:02 pm

You Pipe bro,

A 10m is not a small kite for the coast/maui. I am 220#, and when I hit the coast mid spring and summer time, I frequently use an 8m kite. I also have a 6m kite, that gets used often!!!!

The V4 10 is a sweet kite, one of my faves. Great for waves and has decent boost power. If you need a small kite, just one, get the boxer 9m kite. On short lines, it feels more like an 8m kite. On very long lines, it will fly and create the power of a 10m.

Later, Z.

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:19 pm

On my last trip to Maui in October, I used an 11, 13.5 and a 16. Depending on when you are going, you may be able to forsake a big kite and bring a 12 or 14 as your biggest. Maui can be a tough call at certain times of the year necessitating many kites. Last time, I brought 5 kites to be covered in any situation, except for a no-wind situation, of course.