Ride Engine for foiling?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
jaxonholer
Contributor
Contributor
Ride Engine for foiling?

Post by jaxonholer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:27 am

Are you a fan of the Ride Engine harness for foiling? I'm considering trying this with the sliding spreader for better toeside reach. Do you like the hardshell when you foil?

I'm curious how it will feel after a few hours on the water, I have a 11 year old Dakine Pyro that has basically no support, but I don't mind it at all, I don't get too tired or in pain. But I have tried the hardshell on just standing on the beach, feels great.

Do you love it? Is the 2018 model a significant upgrade from older versions?

Thanks!

firstfishon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ride Engine for foiling?

Post by firstfishon » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:14 am

I ride strapless on a pocketboard and have been using a R/E for the last 3 years with a carbon slider (V1 and V2), totally love it! V3 has added another buckle ( 2 buckles to adjust ever time you put it on and off). The 3 that I have owned are the orginal V1 "bamboo", V2 Pro, and the V3 3k carbon elite. The bamboo failed by cracking along the cut-outs for the straps and RE gave me a huge discount for the V3, between that I bought another (V2 Pro Elite) that is working out great. It fits me perfectly and will never go to another, no more "pinch/squeeze" super compact and best of all, there is no obstruction while bending to water start or any other move you need to do. Most important, it needs to fit you, not everyone can use this type of harness.