SIMPLE SAFETY MEASURE AT THE UPPER LAUNCH 3rd

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
manplesvanuatu
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
SIMPLE SAFETY MEASURE AT THE UPPER LAUNCH 3rd

Post by manplesvanuatu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:30 am

Hi all kiters who kite at the upper launch at Third Avenue in Foster city,

You already know we have had some major erosion at the upper area that causes us not to have too much real estate when parking a kite and ready for launch and land.
With that said, PLEASE find space to set up your equipment so if a mishap happens it gives you time to eject and bail out of the bad situation.

They say what hurt, mame and kill in kiteboarding are obstacles. Common sense. If so why set up your equipment so close to the rock wall when you are setting yourself for a launch.It does not make sense at all!

Even if you are a seasoned kiter please do not make bad example. And if you see a newbie doing so, please educate or light up the bulb to them.

Last week we have had 4 incidents (could have been really bad..like broken bones and skull) in 4 days in a row at third. 3 of them are caused by people getting yarded into the rock wall.

let's go back to basic and use some common sense. most time when i kite at the upper the little cove is dry and it offers a huge beach. Other than dirtying your kite. It gives you even more room to set up your kite and . You ask yourself...hmm. dirty kite or a trip to the Stanford ER in a red van...which will i take? hmmm... seems like a no brainer to me:-)

thanks for reading.

paul

ps if you need a safe launch you can come to see me.

alexglebov
Contributor
Contributor

Re: SIMPLE SAFETY MEASURE AT THE UPPER LAUNCH 3rd

Post by alexglebov » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 pm

What if we setup a dedicated launch area father up the beach? I am not sure if the mud area is very safe for lunch, because it is super slippery, but the area far from the entrance to the upper launch is far enough from the rocks. I stared to launch there and really like more room from the wall. Maybe we can have dedicated launch area there and mark it with cones, the area close to the entrance can be dedicated landing zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk