Kiteboard Repair

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Thor29
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Kiteboard Repair

Post by Thor29 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:46 pm

On Thursday I loaded up my kite gear on my motorcycle for the first time. Got from SF to 3rd Ave just fine. The wind was pretty good but almost nobody was there. Did everybody go to Alameda instead? Regardless, it was fun. Loaded up the gear and headed back up 101. Then some guy started trying to get my attention and pointed at the back of the motorcycle. Oops. The board slid down too far and was dragging on the highway. I shaved off a section of one of the corners. Maybe 1/2 inch or so.

So does anyone know anybody who does kiteboard repairs?

sflinux
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Kiteboard Repair

Post by sflinux » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 pm

pix?

NorCalNomad
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by NorCalNomad » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Not sure it'd really be worth repairing (depending on the damage), especially if it's on your toe edge. I mean slap some epoxy on the open wound and see how it rides first.
Listing gear is bad, and you should feel bad.

Thor29
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Thor29 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:09 pm

I suppose the epoxy idea is probably the thing to do. I don't think the damage will affect the board's performance too much, even though it is on the heel side. I just don't want the board to start delaminating or otherwise falling apart.

Kyle
Regular
Regular

Post by Kyle » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Wrap some fiberglass fabric around, top and bottom. Fair the surfaces after it cures and that should be fine. If you share some pics I could offer more advice, but all composites are repairable:) except some thermoplastics, it’s hard to get a good bond to those polymers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk