Cab S-Quad or Naish Global???

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
John Doe
Contributor
Contributor
Cab S-Quad or Naish Global???

Post by John Doe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Been kiting & riding waves since the beginning. Windsurfed for 20 years before that:) I have had a 5 year love affair with the Cabrinha Trigger. It was, is & will always be the best wave board ever made. It did everything: went fast, maintained a plane going slow, turned tight, turned fast, held control at high speeds. I even confronted ole' Pete Cabrinha when I bumped into him on Maui last winter, and, I lamented over his decision to do away with the Trigger. I begged, pleaded, even offered to sell my soul to Arnaud de Rosnay's Ghost to no avail. Pete was super cool & actually had a few prototypes of what would be the 2018 line in his truck. He basically showed me a few of his boards & talked story with me about boards for a good 20 minutes. That in itself was a great experience.

But...now I am torn as there is not a board that is similar to the Trigger in the Cab line. Robby's Global is possibly closer to the classic surfy lines of the Trigger. I've had some early versions of the S Quad & found they just weren't as fast as the Trigger. Pretty sure 4 fins is more drag than 3 every time. I ride strapped & love it.

Now, I find myself torn between the 2 legends, some 30 years later. Should I go with the S Quad or the Global...or should I simply disappear like the great Arnaud??? I ride large waves on the Cali Coast & I spend a bit of time on Maui in the winter. I need something that will hold its speed, while staying in control. Which one????

JD
Attachments
bc5a3a0a4400db6a2dd2a93a144db1a6.jpg
bc5a3a0a4400db6a2dd2a93a144db1a6.jpg (95.84KiB)Viewed 2278 times

cleepa
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Cab S-Quad or Naish Global???

Post by cleepa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Why not get a shaper to make you a copy of the Trigger?