Elbow tendinitis and back pain after riding: no more

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
irvinside
Contributor
Contributor
Elbow tendinitis and back pain after riding: no more

Post by irvinside » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 am

Hi All,

just a quick testimony:
- I am a 44yo experienced rider with knees issues (3Rd / Coyote sometimes
multiple times a week)
- for years I had back issues, knees joints pains, and elbow tendinitis related to Kiteboarding
- I workaround these so far thanks to foam roller and 'the stick' as recommended by the physical therapists I went to (I had many PT sessions), also some good level of Acupuncture.

It has been ok, but lately my tendinitis, especially on the elbows, became way too painful to kite, so I resorted to something I would never have expected: ...YOGA.

I got my hands on a ~6min warm up technique for kiteboarding, and thanks to my wife tips (she is an advanced yoga practitioner) I got it all right. Not easy, to say the least, the first few times I tried it on 3rd before kiting, and, I most likely looked very ridiculous (I still do :-) ), but I did it and kept on doing it systematically. And here it came: after a few sessions, no more pains, body more relaxed while riding, and no more stiffness in the legs. Elbow tendinitis took longer to completely disappear: around 2 weeks I would say... but Wow.

Warming up has been the key for me to fix these issues, and recover way more faster in-between sessions. Not mentioning easing the mind by a good breathing technique, that makes me enjoy even more riding, and keep my mind clear.

I got hooked to it, so I thought it might help others as well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IrmGlPTGiM

Take very good care,
Greg
Kites: Gong Strutless V2: 12m, 9m, BRM Cloud D.0 6.2
Board: F-One Mitu Monteiro 5'10", Moses Onda 91 + Groove skate
Harness: ION B2
Wetsuit: ION Strike Amp 2017