Possible Wind Tommorow!! 2/5/05

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:17 pm

dew
i know the that river gets snow run off.
i think o.b. was wormer.
charlie

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:44 pm

fearlu wrote:Wild friggin' goose chase to Alameda yesterday. Thanks for the inside tip. Quit dreamin', it's only February. Back to my cubicle like a groundhog. You guys with new gear are just killin' me. How 'bout wind and old gear? Testy? Maybe a little.

Football sucks too and the entire country is gearing up for the Stupid Bowl... sheesh.
Hey Sunshine, take it easy now, you might want to look at the sensor readings first. :wink: But you can blame Pipedragon really, and maybe even Charlie, I think those boys were making noise about Alameda.

But if you can get the afternoon off today it might pop there, it's supposed to, but look at the readings first. O:)

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:15 pm

Definitely pipe and chuck's fault. Oh yeah. I saw the pager readings...

but they said it was gonna blow!
Go bigga'

charlie
Old School
Old School

Post by charlie » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:48 pm

dave
now , now big boy
i was advocateing the coast ,go back and look
i did say pipe was right once .
so .... ill buy ya a beer , next time i get up to the delta. or ...
pt emery.
charlie

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:56 pm

fearlu wrote:Definitely pipe and chuck's fault. Oh yeah. I saw the pager readings...

Dave, did you really go to Alameda? I'm not buying it...the Big Bear comes out of hibernation and goes to Alameda? No, I'm not buying it.

Come on up to the snow man, it blows all the time up here.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:01 pm

KillaHz wrote:
fearlu wrote:Definitely pipe and chuck's fault. Oh yeah. I saw the pager readings...

Dave, did you really go to Alameda? I'm not buying it...the Big Bear comes out of hibernation and goes to Alameda? No, I'm not buying it.

Come on up to the snow man, it blows all the time up here.
It's true, the bear came out. I was up the highway at Pt. Emery (turned out to be too light) rigging a new bar and a guy showed up, launch a brand new 16, went out and promptly dropped it in the mud, and he said that D was at Alameda waiting for wind but went for a bike ride instead.

He fell victim to the hype! He won't be fooled again though, we can count on that! =;

fearlu
Resident
Resident

Post by fearlu » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:00 pm

Okay, I admit it. I was going on a mountain bike ride in Joaquin Miller Park in Oaktown and I swung by the beach to see all the wind they told me I would be missing, and "voila!" perfect mountain biking weather.

Didn't have time for the coast either.

Somehow the cold, hard ground seems a little too unfriendly for my dangerous riding style. (I'm scared to kite on land.)
Go bigga'

KillaHz
Resident
Resident

Post by KillaHz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:11 pm

fearlu wrote:Okay, I admit it. I was going on a mountain bike ride in Joaquin Miller Park in Oaktown and I swung by the beach to see all the wind they told me I would be missing, and "voila!" perfect mountain biking weather.

Didn't have time for the coast either.

Somehow the cold, hard ground seems a little too unfriendly for my dangerous riding style. (I'm scared to kite on land.)
I knew we werent getting the whole story.

yeah the snow can be pretty hard sometimes. You know when you're sitting on top of Ed's Motorhome at Sherman and you see my kite go into about 4 death loops with a big rooster tale behind me as I try to get my other hand back on the bar after a botched pass?

I had a few of those yesterday off our kicker in the snow that have me feeling a bit beat up.

I don't blame you for being afraid to kite on land. I am definetly finding it a lot more demanding and punishing than kiting on the water. Still the same rush though and I've been flying a kite all winter...can't wait for summer.
Gabe Brown
sometimes Gary Bronson...

marin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:01 pm

BayAreaKite wrote:
charlie wrote:dew
we ended up at o.b. ollie ripped it like a pro
i got rolled in the surf
all in all very fun and little scary
he rode his 12 rage, every one elsa was 10m and down
i rode a 9.6m
veery powerfull waves ! :shock:
O.B. was killer today! For us East Bay folk, the drive time was less than half of a Waddell trip and we were well rewared, so luckily today we made a good call. Charlie, you're too kind, I had a blast, but Anthony and Darren were displaying a powerful command today, it got me stoked being out there and watching them. I was kind of surprised - on the outside there were a few double overheads but I gave them their run and let them dissipate before I got too close. Btw, the Windwing Rage II was absolutely incredible and flew so solid and tight, turned wonderfully and the range was exponential with the CC bar and SAFE bridle system. It's true that everyone else was on 10's and 8's.. I'm so stoked on those kites. I'll post a full review on them soon...
BayAreaKite,
I'm happy to hear that you are loving the Rage II's. I love mine and can't beleive the range. I have only been kiting a year so it is good to hear positive reviews from others.
-marin (rick)