Switch Bar and CPR Bar Fly my kite Completely different WTF

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
dboardfox
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Switch Bar and CPR Bar Fly my kite Completely different

Post by dboardfox » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Going to do some testing out on smooth winds in Kitopia this weekend and hopefully get it dialed. If I figure it out then I will post how I took care of the issue for those of you who want to use swtich bar with Cabhrina switchblades. BTW The bar has great features and is good quality except I have a few gripes (besides the kite not flying well but that I still believe is tuning). First of all the bar grip is crap. Think old rubber tire wakeboard handles. I will be replacing that. Two the lines are tacky and feel waxed for salt water protection but what this does is make every twist bind when running your lines. Anyway hopefully I get this thing tuned this weekend.
Dave

maxsteamer
Regular
Regular

Post by maxsteamer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:28 am

To Funny !!,

I had this happen to me & I changed out the leader lines & it still would not fly... so after all the above ? I started to wonder if the kite itself had a problem ? yes sir... the bridle lines had stretched a 1/2 inch making the control bar useless ! I had to buy a new set & all is good...just for fun.. I took the old set of bridles & put them on a old kite, I retired & tried them & for some reason it flew just fine ?? this time I was thinking like you... WTF .. after a few PH calls ..turns out the old kite needed longer bridle lines to fly...I would call the company and ask them for an answer as this is the only way to be sure.. sounds like you are a seasoned kiter & hitting the 20+ wind spots & things could get ugly if the input from bar is not responding.
http://www.cautionkites.com

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

mf1tym
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mf1tym » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:02 pm

dboardfox wrote:Going to do some testing out on smooth winds in Kitopia this weekend and hopefully get it dialed. If I figure it out then I will post how I took care of the issue for those of you who want to use swtich bar with Cabhrina switchblades. BTW The bar has great features and is good quality except I have a few gripes (besides the kite not flying well but that I still believe is tuning). First of all the bar grip is crap. Think old rubber tire wakeboard handles. I will be replacing that. Two the lines are tacky and feel waxed for salt water protection but what this does is make every twist bind when running your lines. Anyway hopefully I get this thing tuned this weekend.
Dave
Did you get the bar tuning on the bar figured out? I have also been looking at Switch Controller 2 bar as well. But I am not sure how it would work with my kites

You've also mentioned that you are going to change out the bar grip. How do you do that?