THE DELTA BOARD MEETING $5000 prizes!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin
THE DELTA BOARD MEETING $5000 prizes!!

Post by Loscocco » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:18 pm

http://thekitebar.com/events/

THE DELTA BOARD MEETING
Delta Board Meeting (1)
The first annual DELTA BOARD MEETING is taking place on June 28, 2015 at Riverview Park in Pittsburg, California.

Competitors in big air, freestyle, and slalom will be judged by the Board of Directors. Slackers will be fired and overachievers will climb up the ladder.

WHO WILL WIN THE RAT RACE??

Prize purse is $5,000!
Each discipline is limited to 30 entries. Register early to secure your spot.

REGISTRATION FORM

The Board Meeting will be lead by the one and only Robbie Dean, CEO.
Competitors are free to use any equipment of their choice. Note that due to launch site constraints, use of foilboards is not recommended. We highly recommend that you check out the launch site the day before the event and make decision what board to use prior to the event.

EVENT SCHEDULE:
Saturday, June 27 – 5 pm to 8pm – Registration and event kick off at the KiteBar (open to competitors only)
Sunday, June 28 – 8am – 9am – Registration
9am – Competitors meeting
10am – 5pm – Competition
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

Yoda
Resident
Resident

Re: THE DELTA BOARD MEETING $5000 prizes!!

Post by Yoda » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:52 pm

What an Epic event! I had a such an awesome day and came home with a huge grin on my face. It was so great to be apart of an event with so many of my peers from Sherman Island.
Looking at the final results, it was the Sherman regulars that took the most wins, so congrats to all of you that made the podium yesterday. Great job everyone and a BIG thanks to The Kite Bar for putting on this epic event. I'm already looking forward to next year's Delta Board Meeting.
I was also super stoked to meet and compete in front of one of my biggest freestyle kitesurf idols, Mitu Monteiro from F-One. Priceless!
Results - http://thekitebar.com/events/

windstoked
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by windstoked » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:11 pm

It was truly a great event and a really fun time for all. Many thanks to all the volunteers that worked so hard to pull it off, especially Eugenia of The Kite Bar. Besides the great volunteers and positive and encouraging competitors I met, I enjoyed the Pittsburg mayor and a City Council member that wanted to know how we liked their facility and what could be done to improve it, and they had a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the new launch facilities.
The event was truly a stress test for the launch, with dozens of kiters rigging, launching and landing on the narrow jetty. The congestion of kiters coming in and going out and simultaneously launching and landing on the same 20 foot wide swath got a bit hectic at times.
My only suggestion for improvement next year would be to have competitors from a heat stay on the water upwind while the riders in the next heat launch and get safely out before coming in to land kites. My suggestion to the councilman I spoke with for ramp improvement was to make small vertical slats in the underwater portion in addition to the larger horizontal ones in place, as the concrete was slippery and the wind and waves had a tendency to cause you to slide off the ramp sideways as you climbed out.

windstoked
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by windstoked » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:34 pm

Here's a video of part of the Big Air contest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oYRxvyMaI[/video]

The official video was playing at the award ceremony/dinner/party at The Kite Bar after the event and hopefully some of that will get posted.

steve
Regular
Regular

Post by steve » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 am

windstoked:
would agree with you about the in and out processs of the heats. Your sugestion in doing that involving the Big Air this year was that the Woo devices on the water needed to get off the water, be donwloaded, then given to the next heat. I think the simple solution; need more Woo devices next year :)

What I don't know about the devices; how they turn the devices on/off and if remotely, the distance
steve