Foil Demo?

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
Xor
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Re: Foil Demo?

Post by Xor » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:01 pm

le noun wrote: I've been thinking about it for a while as well... the F-One Mitu convertible surfboard is REALLY appealing to me... I like the idea of having a good surfboard that I can convert into a foil if I want to.
Yeah, you are not alone looking at this board.
I've tried already 2014 mitu and loved it, but 2015 foil mitu is heavier (probably they had to reinforce it more) and uses kfbox, AFAIK only 2 foils will fit and not sure if it will be possible to fit other systems using adapters.
Good-bye... and hello... as always!
Victor

lieutenantglorp
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by lieutenantglorp » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:23 pm

As appealing as a do it all board is, foil is an entirely different platform (common misconception among those who have not foiled). Keep in mind that both styles combined will likely be at a significant compromise to each. Surf and foil specific boards have completely different requirements in rocker, flex, size, shape, etc. and while it may work, IMO you might be disappointed once you compare them to boards dedicated to their specific style.

le noun
Old School
Old School

Post by le noun » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:04 pm

Xor wrote:
le noun wrote: I've been thinking about it for a while as well... the F-One Mitu convertible surfboard is REALLY appealing to me... I like the idea of having a good surfboard that I can convert into a foil if I want to.
Yeah, you are not alone looking at this board.
I've tried already 2014 mitu and loved it, but 2015 foil mitu is heavier (probably they had to reinforce it more) and uses kfbox, AFAIK only 2 foils will fit and not sure if it will be possible to fit other systems using adapters.
I'm not too concerned by the weight. I think it's only a quarter pound heavier anyway.
It's mostly a question of "do I want to jump on the foil wagon or not? Been busy learning how to unhook raley lately and I don't know if I want to add another discipline to my already charged kite schedule. Lol.
Kites: 2020 F-One Bandit: 10m.
Board: 2018 F-One Slice 5'1 Surf/Foil convertible
Harness: Manera Union.
Wetsuit: Manera 5/4 X10D

mjwarne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mjwarne » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:00 pm

This video sums up pretty well what learning to ride a foil board has been like for me.

https://youtu.be/MFzDaBzBlL0

CdoG
Old School
Old School

Post by CdoG » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:13 pm

O.M.G... that is Sooo me too
but ill keep trying for 8 months to learn to foil more if needed.
thanks for the video.