OB-KC Webcam Seeking Financial Assistance

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin
OB-KC Webcam Seeking Financial Assistance

Post by WindMuch » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:47 am

Hi All,
KV's-Van-at-Kelly's-Cove-OB.jpg
KV's-Van-at-Kelly's-Cove-OB.jpg (41.71KiB)Viewed 2735 times
It looks like the owner of the Kelly's Cove cam and wind report (which I believe iKitesurf uses for their "OB - Kelly's Cove" sensor) is looking for help replacing their server. Here's a copy of an email I received from them yesterday:

Hello and thanks for tuning in to OB-KC.com over the years!

Our vintage server is finally grinding to a halt after years of running 24/7. We know you enjoy the site and are hoping you will consider making a donation to offset the costs of the replacement hardware. We are a public service and do not accept advertising so anything helps.

There are several ways to donate but the easiest is to go HERE http://ob-kc.com and click on the DONATE button just under the banner.

We appreciate your consideration and look forward to providing a much more stable feed in the future thanks to your help.

Waves,

Hugh Bosely

I just donated!

Kirk out

demo243
Contributor
Contributor

Re: OB-KC Webcam Seeking Financial Assistance

Post by demo243 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Now that my commute takes me past OB I am much more interested in this site. My only complaint is that it isn't live… You can log on surf line and get free video… yes its only 30 seconds, and its more south then ob kc but very useful.

I also noticed the other week that there meter was off… it was blowing 30 out of the NW but the meter said SW

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 pm

demo243 wrote:I also noticed the other week that there meter was off… it was blowing 30 out of the NW but the meter said SW
Um, right. Remember the part about "we need to buy a new server". That'd probably explain why the wind readings were a *tad* off the mark. ;^)

Kirk out

buckidge
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by buckidge » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:15 am

Donation - Done.
I was suspect that this outage was one of the relatively frequent short-term outages. But it was too long.
Kept checking the site but never notice the new donate button, nor was there any word of the problem.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are built for"