Kiters spotted at ccrissy!!

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
OliverG
Old School
Old School

Post by OliverG » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:15 pm

pipedragon wrote:
jowall wrote:Hey Pipedragon,

I live 2 minutes from Crissy, so I'll share directions:

The easiest way from the Bay Bridge is to follow the Embarcedero North (up the odd numbered piers) then turn left on Bay (around Pier 23). When the 2 right lanes peel off towards the Bay, follow them right and you'll be on Marina Blvd. That goes straight to Crissy field.

I can think of ways to shave a few mintues off, but they would all involve you getting lost the first time or two.

John
Thanx man that will help. On of my main issues is trying to shortcut and then getting more and more lost. I need a stragiht shopt like you described. It is weird because I can see the golden gate bridge from my office in Berkeley but it so hard to get there. So close yet so far....Maybe I should just get a boat!!!

Hey if there is wind tommorw are you goin out? See ya there if so!!
Having grown up in Berkeley and now living in Oakland, I am really lame about getting out to the city. It must a mental block or something, but I'm almost never out there. I've never even done the Alcatraz tour! But tomorrow, if it's blowing at Crissy, I'll probably hit it midday and maybe get close to Alcatraz from the other direction for once....

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:28 am

jowall wrote:Hey Pipedragon,

I live 2 minutes from Crissy, so I'll share directions:

The easiest way from the Bay Bridge is to follow the Embarcedero North (up the odd numbered piers) then turn left on Bay (around Pier 23). When the 2 right lanes peel off towards the Bay, follow them right and you'll be on Marina Blvd. That goes straight to Crissy field.

I can think of ways to shave a few mintues off, but they would all involve you getting lost the first time or two.

John
I just checked out a map and for sure this is the fastest route. I was going way to far down 80 and trying to cut across.

jowall
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by jowall » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:17 am

There's wind this morning. Blowing a steady 15 from the North. It's cold and onshore.

Last point on directions: at the end of Marina Blvd. there's a fork. Go right/straight to the stop sign to enter the Presidio, left goes to the GG Bridge.

If the Embarcedero exit from the Bay Bridge is closed (lots of construction), you can take the Freemont exit, Right on Folsom, Left on Embarcedero.

Happy kiting, I've have a bunch of Alameda sessions before I go out @ Crissy.

pipedragon
Regular
Regular

Post by pipedragon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:19 pm

jowall wrote:There's wind this morning. Blowing a steady 15 from the North. It's cold and onshore.

Last point on directions: at the end of Marina Blvd. there's a fork. Go right/straight to the stop sign to enter the Presidio, left goes to the GG Bridge.

If the Embarcedero exit from the Bay Bridge is closed (lots of construction), you can take the Freemont exit, Right on Folsom, Left on Embarcedero.

Happy kiting, I've have a bunch of Alameda sessions before I go out @ Crissy.
I am heading over now. Thanx for the pointers on directions. Hopefully there is some wind. Not worth feezin my A$$ of for nothing.