Waddell this Labor day weekend and tropical storm Marie

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
sanjose_kiter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Waddell this Labor day weekend and tropical storm Marie

Post by sanjose_kiter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 am

Guys/Gals

Thinking of hitting Waddell this Labor day weekend since I am going to camp at Little Basin campsite for 2 nights.

What 's the probability of really high surf on Saturday & Sunday since TS Marie is going to fizzled out the next few days ? ikitesurf.com forecast +30 gust on Saturday and +24 gust on Sunday with average wave height of 4 - 5 feet. btw, I feel comfortable with both wind range & surf , but am reluctant to tackle any surf higher than 6 feet.

from national weather forecast: SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OFF THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST ON FRIDAY RESULTING IN INCREASING NORTHWEST WINDS THAT WILL LAST THROUGH THE WEEKEND. SOUTHERLY SWELL FROM HURRICANE MARIE WILL GRADUALLY SUBSIDE THROUGH THE END OF THE WEEK

thanks in advance

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Re: Waddell this Labor day weekend and tropical storm Marie

Post by reyrivera » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 am

You might be okay. Much of the surf will come in later this afternoon and will peak Friday. Seems like it will start easing out this Saturday. So with the swell dispersing plus a big fat high tide of 5 feet flooding middle of the day, it might be okay, maybe mushy 3 to 5 foot waves this Saturday. Since its southerly swell, the waves will come in slow periods, so you'll have time to recover and go back out if you biff a wave.

sanjose_kiter
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Waddell this Labor day weekend and tropical storm Marie

Post by sanjose_kiter » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 pm

That 's what I thought too Rey. Thanks for the confirmation though.
It 's gonna be epic at Waddell this weekend.