2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
maxsteamer
Regular
Regular
Re: 2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post by maxsteamer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 am

Thanks again good people,

If any of you leave your gear in your car or truck... don't do it...even if you have contents insurance as the depreciation rate will only cover the brand new gear...my gear was in a gated garage w a night time security guard ? we think this was a inside job because you need a key fob to lift the gate... & time to drill out the side door lock then the steering column both take time and then they have to have a fob to get back out the gate.. this is why we came to the conclusion we did.. I never thought this could happen with all the security in this development.

We all need to work as a team to keep the bad guys away from our gear... this takes time from your session but may prove to be wise if you stop even one of these guys.....The police said the word gets around fast if one of there team gets caught...if they are hanging around the launch site.. and they don't look like a kiter... make it your business to talk to them ..this will make them nervous as now they know you are aware of there there presence .. you will be surprised on how fast they disappear from the area...most of the time they will be in the area of your kite bag.. pro's know this is where they will find your iPhone/ Keys / wallet / etc.. if you can get a waterproof pouch to keep your electronic key with you ...it's one thing to lose your gear and another to lose your ride home.

Hope this helps for your sake ..as this sh*t will eat your heart out if it is windy and you don't have any gear and or car or truck to get you to the launch.

Good Winds... Max
http://www.cautionkites.com

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

tgautier
Regular
Regular

2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post by tgautier » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 am

Max sorry to hear your insurance didn't cover the gear 100%. My homeowners covers it as new so you may want to shop around.

But yeah. It seems every time there's a post about stolen gear then there is the inevitable regret of leaving it in the car. As a long time SF resident I never leave anything in my car. Ever. Especially gear. (Well, actually, baby seats stay but I figure criminals don't really steal those and so far that has turned out to be true).