2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post general kiteboarding discussion topics here!
maxsteamer
Regular
Regular
2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post by maxsteamer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 am

Theft Alert....07/21/14.

I woke up this morning at my place here in Alameda 2101 Shoreline Dr...got ready to go kiting only to find my van & gear gone from my gated garage ? after a bit of research the police & I found the drilled out key hole & shavings .. making this a professional job... I'm posting this as to inform the kiting community to look out for my gear: Kites.. 2013 14m Caution / Silver/ gray/ Black. 2010 11m Caution Brown/Blue/Gray. Boards: Yellow 2012 Caution 6ft Tresspass directional & 5ft. Yellow Tresspass directional ..white Jaime Pro Twin tip. 2 -3 wet suites & surf Jacket all O'neill 2 Caution Bars & lines... and 2 pair of Psycho O'neill... Please Call if you see any of this stuff at a launch or for sale on a site... (510) 814-1074 Cell (831) 247-3032... Lo)%
http://www.cautionkites.com

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

Loscocco
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2000 FORD VAN E-150 STOLEN WITH ALL MY BOARDS & KITES

Post by Loscocco » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:23 am

Wow... That is horrible!! I hope you get it all back.. esp the kiting gear.
Will keep a good lookout and i feel your pain!
I have heard people looking at the parking ticket database and often they will find it there. I think thats mostly for SF though.
Good luck!!!!
My Photography ==> www.Loscocco.com
Kites:Ocean Rodeo: Flites and Razors
Boards:Ocean Rodeo: Duke and Spotz Hydrofoil
Eyewear:Kurtis Surf Goggles www.KurtisUSA.com

WindMuch
Site CoAdmin
Site CoAdmin

Post by WindMuch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:54 am

What color is the van? Licesnse plate number?

Wonder if you can convince CalTrans to post an Amber Alert for your Caution 'babies'...?

So sorry - we'll keep our eyes peeled...

Kirk out

yojimbo
Regular
Regular

Post by yojimbo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:49 am

Sorry to hear this. I recently got one of these for my dog: http://www.thetileapp.com/?utm_source=A ... mt=e&pdv=c

Different brands are all coming out now. Super cheap, throw one in a bag, hide one in your truck, etc.

twoofive
Contributor
Contributor

Post by twoofive » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Max, really sorry to hear that!

The tile is great but this will likely not tell you where your stuff is unless the robber (or someone else closes buy) uses the same app... see below from their website.

What is the range of Tile?
The range from your phone is 50 - 150ft depending on the environment. However, if any other Tile user's phone is within 50 - 150ft of your Tile, you will receive an update with the location of your Tile. When this happens, you will see a pin on the map view for your Tile. This essentially makes the range limitless once there are enough Tile users in your area.

maxsteamer
Regular
Regular

Post by maxsteamer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Hey Guys,

The Ford E -150 Van is Arctic White
Lic. No. 6E52757 CA

Thanks for the tips on the tile device.... Don't know why anyone would want that old rust bucket ?? maybe I should upload a video to the tube... asking for the kite gear back & they can keep the Van ? no charges will be filed if the gear is returned...as I was told by the police that this was a professional thief ...looking for anything of value..my thoughts were after seeing what was in the van & coming to the realization that they most likely did not know how to price the kiteboarding gear without asking another kiter ... that this could in fact work..& on the plus side I don't have to look at the old rust bucket & I'm back out on the water.

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

reyrivera
Old School
Old School

Post by reyrivera » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Dang Max, sorry to hear about your gear loss. II have an extra twin tip and surfboard I can loan to you until you rebuild your quiver. I only have strapless surfboards though. I'd offer my kites but most of them are heavily modified C kites.

Did you check and see if your homeowners policy could cover some of your losses?

maxsteamer
Regular
Regular

Post by maxsteamer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:41 am

Hey Guys,

Up Date !!! ..they found the van abandoned in "Oakland" not sure if there is anything in it ?.. as the CHP had no idea or would not say... I have to go there in the morning and pay a locksmith to put in a new steering column and key work or something like that ? not sure if it is worth the trouble ?? if there is nothing in it ? as they want $500.00 bucks just for towing it there... another $1000.00 for the column work .. >K($ ..on the other hand if there is just one board & a kite it will be worth the money as we all know gear isn't cheap ! I want to thank all that responded on here on this issue as it feels so good to know that your kite bro's care .. & of course Ollie for bringing it all together all these years.. MJ0_ MJ0_ can't thank him enough for keeping the sport safe & in times like this you get a wake up call on how great this site has always helped us all.

I will update when I get back here sometime in the afternoon...Thanks again

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

maxsteamer
Regular
Regular

Post by maxsteamer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:24 am

Hey Guys,

We need to keep an eye out for all of the gear mentioned above... it is bound to show up somewhere for sale ..the van was also totaled & stripped ..right down to the tires ...I;m glad those Caution boards are Yellow as they will be easy to spot... let me know if you see anything.

Thanks Again...Good Winds

Zombie
Spitfire
Trespass
DaKine
O'Neill

cncor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cncor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Max
its Chris you can borrow my 14m mayhem bar and my surfboard anytime bro.
(510)715-7073
That van was awesome sorry for your loss.